KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Look-E-Loo...first post

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Look-E-Loo...first post

Howdy folks! Been eye ballin' the Cherokee for several weeks now. Watched every video on Youtube, read every review I can find and decided to go ahead and register here after reading through all the KL threads. Looks to be a good community

Went to the dealership 3 or so weeks ago to look at a Compass and was very underwhelmed after the test drive (actually before the test drive to be honest). Roamed the lot with the salesman for awhile before he pointed me to the Cherokee...really wasn't in my price range radar but I'm hooked on getting one now.

As has been stated by several folks here, the pictures don't really do it justice. She's a much different beasty up close and personal. So long as it proves to be a reliable vehicle I think the initial love it/hate it will fade a bit. My initial response to photos of it were pretty lukewarm and I'm not a die hard Jeep fanatic. It just looks kind of funky at first no matter what your preferences may be.

So now here I am lusting after a TrailHawk A bit of overkill for Sunny SoCal but once you start optioning out a Sport or Latitude you might as well go all the way and go for the TrailHawk...Am I Right??? Of course! Plenty of desert to explore up here in Antelope Valley. My Kia Forte 5 can get me to where I go shooting but I have to be super careful getting there That's no fun and she's got a few scars from "trying" to have fun believe me.

That's my story for now and hopefully a few side jobs will put me in the drivers seat of a Cherokee in a month or two. Or next week...I've been known to do stupid things on occasion financially!!

Last edited by Malice101; 03-06-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Welcome. And keep us in the loop.

Trailhawk or nothing for me if I were in a position to get one.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Malice101
Howdy folks! Been eye ballin' the Cherokee for several weeks now. Watched every video on Youtube, read every review I can find and decided to go ahead and register here after reading through all the KL threads. Looks to be a good community Went to the dealership 3 or so weeks ago to look at a Liberty and was very underwhelmed after the test drive (actually before the test drive to be honest). Roamed the lot with the salesman for awhile before he pointed me to the Cherokee...really wasn't in my price range radar but I'm hooked on getting one now. As has been stated by several folks here, the pictures don't really do it justice. She's a much different beasty up close and personal. So long as it proves to be a reliable vehicle I think the initial love it/hate it will fade a bit. My initial response to photos of it were pretty lukewarm and I'm not a die hard Jeep fanatic. It just looks kind of funky at first no matter what your preferences may be. So now here I am lusting after a TrailHawk A bit of overkill for Sunny SoCal but once you start optioning out a Sport or Latitude you might as well go all the way and go for the TrailHawk...Am I Right??? Of course! Plenty of desert to explore up here in Antelope Valley. My Kia Forte 5 can get me to where I go shooting but I have to be super careful getting there That's no fun and she's got a few scars from "trying" to have fun believe me. That's my story for now and hopefully a few side jobs will put me in the drivers seat of a Cherokee in a month or two. Or next week...I've been known to do stupid things on occasion financially!!
welcome! The Trailhawk is the only way to go!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:05 AM

Year: 2014
Engine: 2.4 L

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.Slow

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to post up a pic of your new Jeep for our contest.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 3.2-liter V-6

...once you start optioning out a Sport or Latitude you might as well go all the way and go for the TrailHawk
Hi everyone. And Malice101 is right: I wound up purchasing the 6cyl Trailhawk as well, and under very similar circumstances.

I searched everywhere for something that would provide some creature comforts, be able to move a little faster in a bad situation, and get me through tough terrain as I'm often in unpaved areas like gravel pits for work. Research, experimentation, and exploration eventually pushed me toward Jeep--which will elicit no surprise from anyone here--and was looking at a Grand Cherokee. As I started to add things I wanted and subtract options that didn't work for my needs, I found it was a LOT cheaper to look at a 'Hawk. As I looked into the finances of it, I kept coming back to the 'hawk as the best bang-for-buck solution for my needs.

Bought one and have, so far, zero buyer remorse and no regrets. My family has nicknamed it Stitch, because it looks like this:

I was initially turned off by the looks, but the more I looked at it, the more I got it: this isn't a replacement or update. It's a totally new thing, and it oughta look like it. I've had plenty of vehicles I've loved in the past, but this one is truly living up to or exceeding manufacturer claims. Quite frankly, it's worth a LOT more money than they're charging for it.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Moderator CF K9-unit

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 2000 sport
Engine: New 4.0l from s&j engines

Originally Posted by Watchful
My family has nicknamed it Stitch
I like the nickname.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM

Hi everyone. And Malice101 is right: I wound up purchasing the 6cyl Trailhawk as well, and under very similar circumstances.

I searched everywhere for something that would provide some creature comforts, be able to move a little faster in a bad situation, and get me through tough terrain as I'm often in unpaved areas like gravel pits for work. Research, experimentation, and exploration eventually pushed me toward Jeep--which will elicit no surprise from anyone here--and was looking at a Grand Cherokee. As I started to add things I wanted and subtract options that didn't work for my needs, I found it was a LOT cheaper to look at a 'Hawk. As I looked into the finances of it, I kept coming back to the 'hawk as the best bang-for-buck solution for my needs.

Bought one and have, so far, zero buyer remorse and no regrets. My family has nicknamed it Stitch, because it looks like this:

I was initially turned off by the looks, but the more I looked at it, the more I got it: this isn't a replacement or update. It's a totally new thing, and it oughta look like it. I've had plenty of vehicles I've loved in the past, but this one is truly living up to or exceeding manufacturer claims. Quite frankly, it's worth a LOT more money than they're charging for it.
Welcome, and thanks for your detailed post.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
THE Admin

Welcome to the forum! I cant help it but......."As for Experiment 626..." "Stitch.....My name is Stitch."(Yes, I watch a lot of cartoons, even at 33. lol)

Last edited by Outlaw Star; 03-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM

Thumbs up It's "Official"

Got myself a really cool Birthday present today Black beauty sitting in my garage resting comfortably waiting for me to figure out all the gizmos!
Attached Thumbnails Look-E-Loo...first post-20140328_135852.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 PM

Happy Birthday, and have fun with the beauty.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:40 PM
THE Admin

Got myself a really cool Birthday present today Black beauty sitting in my garage resting comfortably waiting for me to figure out all the gizmos!
Happy Birthday!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 3.2-liter V-6

...waiting for me to figure out all the gizmos!
Hardest thing for me was figuring out how to open the fuel door from the driver's door. That little button is carefully hidden below the door handle.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 PM
CF Veteran

Looks good in black. Black is the only way to go!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:16 PM

Default Video of my jeep Trailhawk.

Check out my YouTube video. Mudding I'm my Jeep Trailhawk.