KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

KLs in the Wild

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:07 PM
::Regional Moderator::

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1986
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.8
Default KLs in the Wild

This is not tech, but would probably be better received in this forum. Post up pics of KLs you find out on the street. This is only the second one I've seen that wasn't on a dealer lot. It's the first one in my town though.
Attached Thumbnails KLs in the Wild-image-2057745240.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 12:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 2.5 td

Seen quite a few over here, will try and get some snaps.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Only saw one so far, they look decent from the rear.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:11 PM
::Regional Moderator::

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8

Just saw my first TH out in the wild, but couldn't get a pic. It's number 3, not many around here I guess..
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM

Year: 1999

I've seen maybe 10 of them, one trailhawk. The trailhawk did look sweet, basically a mini grand with an ugly grill. One of them was stuck in a ditch in about six inches of snow. If I were in my xj I would've pulled them out and asked if they thought they were supposed to be able to drive out of that without help, lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Year: 2000

Seen too many in my dealer lot, but none on the street yet. New vehicle checked a couple and loved how they drive. Would def recommend the v6 though. 2.4 while nice, just seems maybe 20-30 hp underpowered for the kl. Not to mention the noise from the multi-air system.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

The dealership by me has about 12, but there all limited or base models, no hawks. Im yet to see a hawk in person, saw a limited about 2 weeks ago, it made me gag a little. The second one i saw was at night, the headlights had me really confused, and blinded, until i realized what it was. And the 3rd was at a gas station, thankfully i could only see the back
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by jeep19xj91
The dealership by me has about 12, but there all limited or base models, no hawks. Im yet to see a hawk in person, saw a limited about 2 weeks ago, it made me gag a little. The second one i saw was at night, the headlights had me really confused, and blinded, until i realized what it was. And the 3rd was at a gas station, thankfully i could only see the back
We have 4 or 5 trailhawks on our lot. I think they look really nice. Still not an xj, but I do like em.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:50 PM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

Originally Posted by MechanicMatt
We have 4 or 5 trailhawks on our lot. I think they look really nice. Still not an xj, but I do like em.
As much as i hate to say it, there growing on me. It seems like it would be a great dd. I just cant bring myself to accept all of the electronics, lack of an optional manual trans, and that front end. I dont see that front end lasting long though, it seems to be the only thing people are really complaining about with it
Old 01-13-2014, 01:47 AM

Year: 1999

yeah hopefully they do a facelift and switch that up
Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Year: 2014
Engine: 2.4 L

I have seen a few on the road and one is parked in front of a house around the corner from me.

Sales are solid for the new Cherokee, especially the TH so you can expect to start seeing more of them on the road.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Continues Its Rapid Sales Momentum After Launch

After just two full months on the market, the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee midsize SUV is already establishing itself as a worthy complement to Jeep’s iconic best-sellers, the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler. Moving more than 15,000 units in the United States last month, the Jeep Cherokee actually outsold the Wrangler while coming within less than 1,500 units of the Grand Cherokee.

The new Jeep Cherokee’s impressive December tally equaled a 48 percent sales increase compared to the model’s first full month on sale in November. That strong performance at dealerships helped the overall Jeep brand achieve record December sales of 53,275 units, a 34 percent jump over the same month last year. Also contributing to Jeep’s sales success were best-ever December tallies of its Wrangler and Patriot.

"The Cherokee is bringing a lot of new buyers to the Jeep brand with its bold styling and fuel efficiency, but it still delivers the all-conditions capability that longtime fans would expect from a Jeep," said Tim Parker, dealer principal of Tim Parker Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, an Arkansas Jeep dealer. "Any utility vehicle that can outsell the Wrangler so soon after its launch has a lot going for it, particularly when you consider the fact that the Wrangler had a record December of its own."

Donning slim, slanted headlights and a creased version of the brand’s seven-slot grille, the 2014 Cherokee features what many would consider to be the most daring design of the Jeep lineup. Meanwhile, a new nine-speed automatic transmission offers enhanced on-road driving manners and improved fuel economy, helping the Cherokee return up to 31 mpg on the highway with the standard 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir2 four-cylinder engine. When it comes to capability, buyers can opt for one of three new four-wheel-drive systems, and the Trail Rated Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk comes with a range of off-road-ready upgrades, including skid plates, a factory rear locker, 20-inch water-fording capability and an off-road suspension with a one-inch factory lift.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996

i saw a TH the other day pulling into McDonald's. This is lame of me but I was so disappointed. This little old lady was driving it who could barely see over the dash lol.

I had to pick some parts up at the dealership and stopped to take a look at a TH. Although all the electronics are cool I'm sure, I just want to turn my 4 wheel on or off, not select "rain 4 wheel" or "snow 4 wheel" and whatever the other options are. Seems like more crap that will break down the line.

I'd much rather own a KJ or KK when it comes down to looks. Chrysler will get it right eventually. maybe.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 AM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.Slow

Originally Posted by loligator
i saw a TH the other day pulling into McDonald's. This is lame of me but I was so disappointed. This little old lady was driving it who could barely see over the dash lol.

I had to pick some parts up at the dealership and stopped to take a look at a TH. Although all the electronics are cool I'm sure, I just want to turn my 4 wheel on or off, not select "rain 4 wheel" or "snow 4 wheel" and whatever the other options are. Seems like more crap that will break down the line.

I'd much rather own a KJ or KK when it comes down to looks. Chrysler will get it right eventually. maybe.
All the mode selects do is control the amount of wheel spin from the traction control devices. It's like, ok max wheel spin allowed in mode one is 60%, max wheel spin in mode two is 80% etc...Think of it like driving with your parking brake on, it now takes more effort to make the wheels turn.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Default In the Wild

TWINS!!!!
Attached Images   
Old 02-19-2014, 10:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001

Well my GF parents just came by in there new KL. The inside is pretty nice also I guess there just not that photogenic this is the first one I have seen in person and its not as bad.

Last edited by XJmike0122; 02-19-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: KLs in the Wild