KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

"Brand New" Cherokee Limited 2015/2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default "Brand New" Cherokee Limited 2015/2015

Hi All,

First post in this forum, writting from Brazil (yes, far way in south america)

For those Americans that doesn´t know our native language is Portuguese (not spanish as in mexico or argentina) excuse my poor or minor mistakes in your English.

Well, as I said in the title, just bought a "new 2015 Cherokee Limited" last week. "New" because Jeep hadn't imported 2016 or 2017 models to Brazil and 2015 model took a lot of time in the ports to be delivery to customers (I think that is some issue with FIAT).

More than this, I´ve paid USD 47,000 on this car (believe, was cheap close with local cars even being 2 years old model, comparing with other BR cars..)

Anyway, I have 2 questions concern this car, that you could help me to solve

a) Where did this car is produced? This is a US car or has been made in other country (like Mexico, or Guatemala). As far I know, Cherokee is only produce in US..

b) Do you recomend special care with this model, or this is a reliable American Car? I´ve been in US many times (tourist and for business) and had some opportunity to rent Cherokee there - it was a nice experience

Thank you guys and let me contribuite with this Forum.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Your Cherokee was likely made in Ohio, although there are other other Jeep assembly plants in the world including China. This link has lots of information about your Cherokee.
http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/2014-cherokee.html
Old 08-02-2019, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

The Cherokee is the first Jeep vehicle to be built on the Fiat Compact/Compact U.S. Wide platform, co-developed by Chrysler and Fiat. The Jeep Cherokee is built at Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: 2019
Model: Cherokee (KL)
Engine: 2.0T

While some KLs are indeed built in Belvidere USA, others are built in Changsha China. For the Brazil market (I’ve visited Brasil many times) it is probably built in the USA, but maybe not.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Cherokee_(KL).