Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > KL Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
SE Sheriff.

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
1985 Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to Outlaw Star Send a message via Skype™ to Outlaw Star
Default To ALL the KL haters, READ and UNDERSTAND!

Ok, now that I have your attention, there has been an influx of haters coming here to bash on the new KLs and their owners so I will say this once and once only. If YOU have a problem with the KL or ANYTHING negative to say twords it here, keep your mouth shut and negative opinion to yourself or Cruiser and I will personally see you deleted from CF. This section was meant for ACTUAL owners, perspective buyers or members who love ALL Jeeps. Its not the XJ, DEAL WITH IT!! If you feel the need to trash talk and put down owners and new members, go back to FB where you belong with all the other pre pubescent, teenage, living at mommy n daddys house, dumb kids.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
::Regional Moderator::

View cruiser54's Photo Album My Photos
1990 Comanche

Well stated, sir.

An excellent reminder. I'm on board.

An index to over 25 helpful write-ups is in Post #1.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/cruiser54s-mostly-renix-tips-153657/

In Handy Printable pdf format:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz4d...aEE/edit?pli=1

A link to my Jeep Technical Photos:
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214

Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #3

View Jgarland1987's Photo Album My Photos
99 Cherokee

ya'll just got TOLD!!!
Jgarland1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #4

View Keiffith's Photo Album My Photos
1999 Cherokee

i tastefully disagree with the KL.

But everyone knows that the days of solid axles and straight 6's on a 1/4 ton chassis are long gone. The KL is NOTHING like a traditional jeep, but neither was the XJ.
Keiffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
SE Sheriff.

1985 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiffith View Post
i tastefully disagree with the KL.
See, this is acceptable for an opinion unlike the usual "Oh its soo ugly" or "I hate Crossovers, should have bought an Xj". You just simply stated without bashing any member or their Jeep. Now if others would just be so considerate. (Not singling you out, just using yours as a more proper way to approach the situation)
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
CF Veteran

View 1991Jeep_Man's Photo Album My Photos
1991 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post

See, this is acceptable for an opinion unlike the usual "Oh its soo ugly" or "I hate Crossovers, should have bought an Xj". You just simply stated without bashing any member or their Jeep. Now if others would just be so considerate. (Not singling you out, just using yours as a more proper way to approach the situation)
Have folks really been jumping in this forum and directly blasting owners? If so, all I can say is wow. Internet strong lol. Pathetic. I wonder if the old SJ owners bashed the new XJ owners...

Knowledge is power, unless it's in the hands of an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedback View Post
A thread that is sucking in its last breath. And there it goes, it just released its bowels.
E-fan conversions, gauge faces, and all other sorts of crazy from start to finish here ---> http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/my-...37/#post608212
1991Jeep_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #7

View Keiffith's Photo Album My Photos
1999 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
understood

the KL was designed for the same market as the XJ, but since features for a small SUV have significantly changed in 30 years, the average new SUV buyer isnt looking for a hardcore offroad vehicle, but a solid vehicle that they can be confident in when the weather goes gnarly.

my least favourite thing is certainly the looks, since jeeps like the "commander" look more like a cherokee than a KL. I can hope that Jeep does a facelift to atleast make it look more like its father.
Keiffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #8

View Daven75's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee

Yea, I agree with this. Its basically the difference of mature and immature. As much as I love the old XJ I don't mind the KL. Like, even though it DOES look like a kia or whatever, atleast it straight up does and isn't trying to hide it haha! I'd take one if I needed a reliable daily that I could take camping.
Daven75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 AM   #9
CF Veteran

View mrfajita's Photo Album My Photos
1996 Cherokee

I like the KL a lot better than every other crossover on the road because it doesn't look like the rest, at least when you see the front end whether you love it or hate it, you know exactly what it is.
1996 XJ, 4.0, 703 injectors, 99 Intake, homebrew cowl snorkel, AW4, NP231, Welded 8.25, 33x12.50x15 Interco SSR, ~2.5" bastard lift, Bilstein 5100s, FST crossover steering and track bar, CB, Durango steering gearbox, homebrew onboard air, Truck-Lite LEDs
1996 Mazda MX-5
RIP Brian (96_XJ) Perrine
My slow build thread
Quote:
I had to go buy a lift and a 20 ton shop press the last time I replaced my wiper blades. Those things were a *****!
mrfajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #10

View ThatDude114's Photo Album My Photos
1991 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
I like the KL a lot better than every other crossover on the road because it doesn't look like the rest, at least when you see the front end whether you love it or hate it, you know exactly what it is.
This. It may not be like our Jeeps of old but you know its a Jeep. And its great at what it was built for. I think that kinda sums up a Jeep, you know one when you see one and its good at what it does. That's why I hate people who don't consider a Cherokee a "real" Jeep. They give all these stupid reasons, it doesn't have round headlights, it doesn't have a removable top, etc. That's not what a Jeep's about. They're reliable, they're different, and they're good at what they do.
ThatDude114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:33 AM   #11

View bubbarules1958's Photo Album My Photos
90/91 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDude114 View Post
This. It may not be like our Jeeps of old but you know its a Jeep. And its great at what it was built for. I think that kinda sums up a Jeep, you know one when you see one and its good at what it does. That's why I hate people who don't consider a Cherokee a "real" Jeep. They give all these stupid reasons, it doesn't have round headlights, it doesn't have a removable top, etc. That's not what a Jeep's about. They're reliable, they're different, and they're good at what they do.
I agree. My friends hate on my XJ. I think there just jealous.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #12

View Snow play xj's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee

Saw my first trail hawk yesterday, ( on the road ) had a cute little blond driver. I saw the front end in my rear views mirrors and yes I knew what it was. All n all not my style, but neither it the liberty, patriot, commander, .......... I don't think they should have called the KL " Cherokee " tho. I think that was a marking ploy, if they would have named it a BLAW BLAW then it would be another jeep that I don't want. Why didn't they call it a scrambler B Or CJ- 2000, -------- cause the Cherokee was a best seller for years. Cause kids " know and like the cherokee name and this is smart business
And not to mention if cute little blondes are buying them, well I get to pull them out of the ditch, so no harm no foul
My XJ will stand proud no matter what. And the KL is just another car on road. It's a new day, humans don't like change, but change is here

So far: 3" RE, Tomken front bumper ( 2" receiver ) License plate in receiver ,w/grill/brush gaurd/push bar, tow plate, clevous mount and tow hooks ( for fun ) 5" Piaa's, Banks power torque tube headers, straight Cat. Magma flow 44! Optima yellow top! RR 8.5 winch, rear Tomken bumper w/ 2" receiver , Tomken gas tank skid plate,Tomken quick disco's

Last edited by Snow play xj; 02-22-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Snow play xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #13
SE Sheriff.

1985 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow play xj View Post
Saw my first trail hawk yesterday, ( on the road ) had a cute little blond driver. I saw the front end in my rear views mirrors and yes I knew what it was. All n all not my style, but neither it the liberty, patriot, commander, .......... I don't think they should have called the KL " Cherokee " tho. I think that was a marking ploy, if they would have named it a BLAW BLAW then it would be another jeep that I don't want. Why didn't they call it a scrambler B Or CJ- 2000, -------- cause the Cherokee was a best seller for years. Cause kids " know and like the cherokee name and this is smart business
And not to mention if cute little blondes are buying them, well I get to pull them out of the ditch, so no harm no foul
My XJ will stand proud no matter what. And the KL is just another car on road. It's a new day, humans don't like change, but change is here
Yes Cherokee is a well recognized name. I kinda like the one post a member put here of a Whale shark and the KL looking alike. After all, there is a Tiger Shark engine for it.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
CF Veteran

View no rdplz's Photo Album My Photos
99 Cherokee
Send a message via Skype™ to no rdplz

Personally, the only aspect of the KL I don't like is the looks, but that's all it is, a personal opinion. For the average commuter, it's honestly a better vehicle than the XJ. It has a nicer interior, better mpg's, and more features. Is the Trailhawk capable in off road situations - to an extent. Will a mildly built XJ (3" lift, 31's, lockers, and 4.10's) outperform it off road? In my opinion yes. But that doesn't mean the KL is junk. Like others have said, SJ owners probably called foul when the XJ came out, but once the aftermarket started providing parts to make the XJ better, lots of those same people started seeing the XJ in a different light. Maybe the same thing will happen with the KL.

ZXJ-VA02

97-01 XJ Tail Light Guards

Build Thread | HRJC | TheXJGuys | ZXJ

no rdplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #15
CF Veteran

View 1991Jeep_Man's Photo Album My Photos
1991 Cherokee

For you guys who either own one or have driven one, how is the acceleration for the 2.4 with 4x4? Is it a dog or is does it have some pep? Very curious.

Knowledge is power, unless it's in the hands of an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedback View Post
A thread that is sucking in its last breath. And there it goes, it just released its bowels.
E-fan conversions, gauge faces, and all other sorts of crazy from start to finish here ---> http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/my-...37/#post608212
1991Jeep_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 AM

submit to reddit

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > KL Cherokee Tech