KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

2016 Jeep Cherokee soaked floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2016 Jeep Cherokee soaked floorboards

My 2016 Jeep Cherokee with less than 3K miles has a water leak. It has been in the shop 4 times in the last 6 weeks, currently in the shop now. They have advised they sealed various areas but each time the car is returned to me, it continues to leak. The floorboards on the driver side become soaked and the water is coming from beneath not above. I opened a case with Jeep Chrysler (29199176) but have been UNDERWHELMED by the response. When I spoke to the case manager it was like I was causing some big inconvenience. I only called once to follow up so I don't think I deserve the comment "I have other customers". Nice customer service. I have the dealership management advising they are trying to contact Jeep as well to help me get this resolved. I want them to buy the car back because I am concerned about mold, corrosion and the fact that since the car was not properly sealed, God knows what else is wrong with it. I don't have time to be in the dealership constantly, currently driving my 5th rental. Getting ridiculous. So....anyone else had this problem with their Jeep Cherokee??? If you haven't bought one, my advise is DO NOT. It is a beautiful car that I purchased because it was easy for my frail mom to get in and out....should have selected a more reliable brand. Sad in Cali...
Old 05-14-2016, 01:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Model: Cherokee

This is the first time i heard about them leaking like that,Most problems we see are trans related from them.If you havnt seen this part of the forum https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f87/ take a look.But in your shoes i would be mad and raising hell at the dealership tell its fixed right and now.Buying a new car and having problems that bad with it already is messed up to me.I would try a different dealership or try getting my money back if i could.Or call the owner and maybe the local news.