KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

2016 Cherokee Trailhawk questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2016
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 3.2l v6
Default 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk questions

Hello everyone. We just picked up our new 2016 Trailhawk last Friday. Enjoying it so far. I have a few questions.

I cant find mudguards for a Trailhawk. Anyone find something that works or a company that makes then for the trailhawk

Also the transmission does not go to 8th or 9th gear at highway speed. Only have 300 kms on it so it might be part of the break in period. At 60mph it goes to 7th at about 1750rpm. 7th gear ratio is 0.70, 8 and 9 are 0.58 and 0.48. Any thoughts? I have read some of the issues and complaint in the earlier 9spds and hope chrysler has got it right finally.

The start stop feature is not available due to low battery....fine with me....charged up the battery and still get same message....

any info or comments are welcome
Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 AM

Engine: V6

Eighth will be there at or above 70. I've often *****ed about what a waste of space ninth is. Your dealer should check out the low battery.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:04 PM

Engine: 3.2l v6

Thanks MoToad.....the battery is all charged from driving around. Stop/Start feature is working. I just disable it every time Im driving. I did manage to find mud guards that worked with a little fiddling.

I figured that the transmission wud goto a higher gear at higher speeds. I have a 2017 ram with the 8 spd. It goes into 8th a 50 mph. I dont understand the 9spd not going into the higher gears unless the v6 lacks the torque to shift the trans at lower speeds.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:48 AM

Engine: V6

I was able to get ninth only on a long downhill run on a south west interstate after about 75mph. And even then it kicked back to 8th on the flat. I was, however hauling my Tdub on the back and, understandably, the aerodynamics were not there.
As for the start/stop; finally went back into the dealer and asked how to shut that annoying little item off permanently? He laughed and said someone was in not two hours before me asking the same question. He said there was not any way until someone comes out with some sort of aftermarket gizmo.
People have said Jeep is just following suit behind a number of European manufacturers. So, we can take comfort in the fact that there are millions of pissed off Europeans out there as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:04 PM

Year: 2017
Engine: 3.2L V6 Pentastar

I don't know what gear mine was in but I drove it over 100 MPH a few times. I live in Los Angeles county. (The Mojave Desert goes from Los Angeles county past Las Vegas) Everyone around here drives around 80MPH on city streets.
This vehicle does 0-60 MPH in 6.6 seconds. That is comparable to a Hond Civic SI. For a vehicle of this weight that is great. I have the optional 3.2L V6.

Also this is my first post and I see we both just got started her. Hi. I bought a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk 4 days ago. I already drove it over a large sandy hill with a couple buttes on it. By small hill I mean maybe 500 feet or maybe 1000 feet high but it had trails. It was no real mountain. Im taking it thru a nearby trail that crosses a creek a few times and ends up in Angeles National Forest.

Last edited by Derek Rowland; 02-28-2017 at 04:10 PM.