Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > KL Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #241
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 162

View metalwonzero's Photo Album My Photos
2014 Cherokee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
A troll doesn't just heckle. He provides unsubstantiated info, refuses to give supporting FACTS in the form of pictures or anything else, and keeps insisting he should be believed even though he is the only one issuing a warning.

Why in the hell didn't you give us photos and avoid all this? We woulda had your back. I woulda gone to the dealership I worked at years ago and had a gander at one on the lot. I have friends in Jeep Engineering I could have contacted. I did NONE of that due to your holding some "cards" so close to your chest.....
not having the jeep for 30 days, while it waited for the engine to arrive from out side the USA, plus I had a close friend pass away this month, and have been dealing with that also.. So ya know, i have not been thinking about photos as much this month. plus a mountain of other things that went wrong on top of everything else i wont get into on here.
metalwonzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #242
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 162

View metalwonzero's Photo Album My Photos
2014 Cherokee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwonzero View Post
not having the jeep for 30 days, while it waited for the engine to arrive from out side the USA, plus I had a close friend pass away this month, and have been dealing with that also.. So ya know, i have not been thinking about photos as much this month. plus a mountain of other things that went wrong on top of everything else i wont get into on here.
by the way Cruiser, i have been following Your threads for a long time.. just never joined up until i got the KL..
metalwonzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #243
SE Sheriff.
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 17,087

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
1985 Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to Outlaw Star Send a message via Skype™ to Outlaw Star
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwonzero View Post
Signal Systems SUpport SPecialist 31u/25u series. started out in ACR my last active unit was 535th EN CO CSE out of Graf Germany.. 2003 invasion got the best of me.. they retired me after 11 in 07.
i wear the 130th En Patch and DIrty 3rds patch on my right shoulder..
A Co, 1st PLT, 766 En Co, 841st Engineering Brigade.
__________________
1st Platoon 766th EN CO, Ft Lauderdale

Last edited by Outlaw Star; 06-27-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #244
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 162

View metalwonzero's Photo Album My Photos
2014 Cherokee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
A Co, 1st PLT, 766 En Co, 841st Engineering Brigade.
wurd...
metalwonzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #245
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4

View Nicholl12's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default

Got mine in April I loved it until yesterday when the tranny went out and had it towed to the dealer where they told me 2 to 3 days just to look at it then another 5 to 7 working days if they have to order parts then 5 to 7 working days for repairs at 1800 miles and paying $40,000 these kind of problems make me rethink my purchase.
Nicholl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #246
SE Sheriff.
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 17,087

View Outlaw Star's Photo Album My Photos
1985 Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to Outlaw Star Send a message via Skype™ to Outlaw Star
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholl12 View Post
Got mine in April I loved it until yesterday when the tranny went out and had it towed to the dealer where they told me 2 to 3 days just to look at it then another 5 to 7 working days if they have to order parts then 5 to 7 working days for repairs at 1800 miles and paying $40,000 these kind of problems make me rethink my purchase.
There is a transmission program update for your Jeep. Hopefully it just needs said update.
__________________
1st Platoon 766th EN CO, Ft Lauderdale
Outlaw Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #247
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: N. Idaho
Posts: 3

View gurney's Photo Album My Photos
2014 Cherokee
Default Trailhawk.

Just finished a 5700 mile trip with our new Trailhawk 2.4L, that we bought new in June in Phoenix. We drove in rain, wind mountains and it performed flawlessly. Averaged 25.8 MPG during whole trip. Finished the trip in N Idaho. We actually saw transmission indicating 9th gear, on slight downhill grades, but most of the time on highway it was 7th and 8th gear.
gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #248
::Regional Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 22,568

View cruiser54's Photo Album My Photos
1990 Comanche
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurney View Post
Just finished a 5700 mile trip with our new Trailhawk 2.4L, that we bought new in June in Phoenix. We drove in rain, wind mountains and it performed flawlessly. Averaged 25.8 MPG during whole trip. Finished the trip in N Idaho. We actually saw transmission indicating 9th gear, on slight downhill grades, but most of the time on highway it was 7th and 8th gear.
Cool stuff. Thanks.
__________________
Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips can be found in the pink link below:

An index to over 25 helpful write-ups is in Post #1.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/cruiser54s-mostly-renix-tips-153657/

In Handy Printable pdf format:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz4d205LaED2SUxMOGZnY3RjaEE/edit?pli=1[/COLOR]

A link to my Jeep Technical Photos:
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214


Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #249
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1

View C-Jeep's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailhawk84 View Post
Any have one and what do you think so far?
How are you doing with your transmission? I have had to have mine updated twice and now i don't have "rock" available. I love it's looks i just am contsantly frustrated. I can say she has never left me sit and got me thru 10 inchs of mud undaunted.
C-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #250
::Regional Moderator::
 
cruiser54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Prescott, Az
Posts: 22,568

View cruiser54's Photo Album My Photos
1990 Comanche
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Jeep View Post
How are you doing with your transmission? I have had to have mine updated twice and now i don't have "rock" available. I love it's looks i just am contsantly frustrated. I can say she has never left me sit and got me thru 10 inchs of mud undaunted.
When did you have the latest re-flash done?
__________________
Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips can be found in the pink link below:

An index to over 25 helpful write-ups is in Post #1.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/cruiser54s-mostly-renix-tips-153657/

In Handy Printable pdf format:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz4d205LaED2SUxMOGZnY3RjaEE/edit?pli=1[/COLOR]

A link to my Jeep Technical Photos:
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214


Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:44 AM
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > KL Cherokee Tech



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Jeep or Chrysler.

Emails Backup