New here and to the country too!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New here and to the country too!

Hello everyone. I am a new entrant to the US, and decided to sign up on this forum as I have really started liking the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Past few months I have driven about 8000 miles in rental vehicles (2015-2016 Limited 4WD) models.

The JGC was never my vehicle of choice. Heck, I was always a Toyota(Fortuner, Hilux, LC, 4runner, Tacoma) kind of guy, and Jeep always was that "other" thing which spent more time in workshop than on the trails.

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised, especially since the two jeeps I rented were obviously driven hard. I see so many new Cherokees, and JGCs, I feel the brand has come a long way.

After renting a 4runner for a week(my so called dream vehicle), I went back to Jeep again.

I keep thinking of going ahead and purchasing a Subaru, but then I think, well 4K more will get me the jeep.

I will spend the next few days troubling you nice people with advice as I am going to buy WK2 (new or used). Hopefully, its not going to be a Subaru or a Tacoma(only 2 other vehicles I could shortlist). I want it to be Jeep and so does my SO

But then its an introduction thread, and all I have talked about is cars. Well I am a regular guy in a regular bay area type job. The only thing irregular is that I love long road trips, and back in India have done a lot of upper Himalaya in an extremely unreliable vehicle(The kind which makes the most unreliable Jeep look like a 100 series).
This time, it was my first experience with a petrol powered SUV with over 250 horses.

I also love photography, timelapse videos and road trip videos. Will share my "Rental jeep" pics with you in relevant threads.

Thanks for accepting me to this forum, hoping for some great advice
Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Welcome. Plenty of knowledge on here.