New to the forum, not Jeeps

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default New to the forum, not Jeeps

Hey guys and gals! Sean from So Cal here. I have been around Jeeps pretty much all my life. But for the past 5 years, I have been without a Cherokee. I got a 2001 Grand Cherokee v8 last year and did not like it. So I sold it. I didn't think I was going to end up getting another Cherokee unless I sold one of my other cars (out of room). Thanks to my normal weekend search on Craigslist (I was originally looking at Novas), I am now a Cherokee owner again! Found a deal that I could not pass up. This is now my 4th Cherokee and the 7th Jeep I have owned.

1999 Cherokee Sport 5 speed 2wd white. Has 160K. Got it missing most of the front bumper, cracked grille and surround, and missing one fender flare. Interior is almost perfect and it only has 4 dents (for now). I only paid $1100 for it! For now, it is all stock. Runs and drives great with no death wobble!

My plan for this one is to make it a clone of my last one. Stickly a fun vehicle, not a DD. So I will be keeping it a manual but will be converting to 4wd. Yes I know it is going to be more expensive to convert over then to just buy a 4wd. If I got a 4wd, I would be replacing the entire drive line anyways, so why not start with a 2wd? And 5-speed 4wds are nearly impossible to find. Stay tuned for the swap thread to begin!

Very near future plans
- Switch to 4wd
- New trans (AX15)
- New transfer case (undecided)
- Rebuild engine and stroke to 4.6L
- Front and rear end gear change (undecided on what ratio)
- Lockers
- 31" tires. I dont like rubbing issues
- Custom 4.5" long arm lift
Old 02-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I-6 Cyl. w/ 0630Head+MikeWilsonAdapter (preserves engine/brain function w/ stronger head) 62mmTB

Looking forward to your build.