New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

Howdy all. New to the forum, not really new to the XJ but its been a while since I've owned my last. Previously bought a stock used 96 Sport. Drove it home and it remained stock for all of a week. Put a 3" BB on it, pulled the stock flares, cut the front fenders and the front bumper, and welded up a rack for the roof. Drove that for a year when the fullsize bug hit me again and sold it and bought a K5. Missed that Jeep ever since even though it took $500 bucks and a new PCM to find out I had a bad battery terminal.... Long story.... Anyways, Been rolling around in an 03 Ram QCSB 4x4 w a Hemi the last few years when a guy on FB posted he was looking to trade his 99 XJ for a full size pickup. After meeting the guy and seeing the Jeep, I did the deal, a straight across trade. Yes I lost money on it but in the end, I got what I wanted. My reasoning was I wanted to back to a mid-size SUV and the Ram was awesome offroad and on but I didn't want to try and squeeze it down places I wanted to go but wouldn't fit without major scratches or damage.

My old 96:

Name:  100_0740_zps5xnr02d0.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  277.8 KB

Name:  100_1592-1_zps4fpw2aku.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  350.3 KB

My new 99:

Name:  20161120_165550_zpsyyhpgkoj.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  202.2 KB

Name:  20161120_170345_zpsrx9dajiv.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  195.4 KB

The specs as I was told:

99 XJ Sport
4.5" Rubicon Express lift ( though IDK how many parts are RE as the LCAs dont match RE's pics and UCAs are stock)
4.0 HO w 191k
33x12.5 BFG ATs
Dana 30 front/ 8.25 rear/3.55 gears w open diffs
Steel front bumper
Pocket flares
ZJ tie rod as he said it is stronger than XJ
Pro comp shocks all around
SS brake lines
Interior is emmaculate
New Midland CB
Cheap HF hi-lift
LED head lights

Only problems I found so far is a crack in the windshield, a small leak on the pass front caliper and a leaky heater core.

Plans are to fix the aforementioned issues and focus on keeping it reliable for now but down the line I plan on upgrading the axleshafts and u-joints, installing 4.10 gears and a locker in the rear, making a rack for the roof, and making a rear bumper w/ tire carrier.