hello! new member from Mass.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello! new member from Mass.

Hey guys. happy thanksgiving! just wanted to say hello to the forum. this is my first xj, but my third jeep. i had an 87 wrangler and a 79 cj-7 before this. i just picked up the xj about a week ago from a fellow cj owner and all of the work he had done on it looks pretty clean. there are a couple of things i would like to fine tune on the jeep but nothing too serious. this jeep is a daily driver with few offroad aspirations. snow in the winter and a few trails up in NH over the summer will be its most daunting tasks.

its a 2000 cherokee sport with 32" cooper tires, not sure of the wheels, they look somewhat like american racing ar-15's but i dont think thats what they are. was told the lift is 4" rubicon express, but that doesnt seem to be a size of lift that they produce so its probably a 3.5" or 4.5" lift.

when the lift and new tires were installed i dont think anything was done to the driveline and i get some vibes at 60-70 miles an hour. nothing terrifying but loud and droning. ive seen a lot about SYE's and TC drops, and it seems the consensus is that an SYE is the way to go, but that may be beyond my skill to undertake.

also i was wondering about adding stopping power to compensate for the tires. can you just upgrade the master cylinder or do you need to switch to entirely new brake components?

also if anyone is in the massachusetts area and can reccomend a good shop to have work done, that would be of great value to me, as i am a city dweller and dont have a garage.

heres the ride:

Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee

welcome to the forum, hope to see more of you around.

-Kyle
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995 Jeep
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l High output

Welcome aboard