Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Hello

Hi, I'm the proud new owner of a 2017 Cherokee Limited. Former owner of 1988 and 2000 XJ's.

Just picked it up yesterday but so far I love it. I got it loaded with tech and it's pretty incredible. I traded a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4matic. I'm surprised that for $40K price tag it has far more tech than my GLA had.

I got the V6. Not happy with MPG so far, but at least I can put 87 gas in it. My GLA required 93. Looking forward to saving 40-50 cents a gallon. I'll give it a chance. I've got a bug trip coming up mostly on highways. We'll see what the numbers look like after that trip.

Some initial impressions:

1) Disappointed that Jeep never went through with offering Apple CarPlay. At least it has Siri Eyes Free.
2) The ride is comfortable and the cabin reasonably quiet. That was one complaint I had with the GLA. Rough ride and noisy cabin.
3) I like uConnect so far. Still getting used to the touch screen, but I like the interface.
4) The cabin is nice. Some of the plastichrome seems a little cheap, but nothing to be upset about.
5) Absolutely love the Adaptive Cruise Control and Automatic High Beams. Not necessary, but a huge convenience.
6) I tried the ParkSense and it worked as advertised. It's kind of weird letting it steer the car, but I think I'll get used to it.
7) The engine seems good. My GLA was peppier, but not by much. I haven't experienced any of the issues with the transmission that I read about in reviews, so it seems fine to me. Glad it's not a CVT.

Will post pics as soon as I can.

Chris (xtheunknown)