Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door 5 Speed

Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door 5 Speed

What we have her is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. It is a 2 door, 5 speed, 4x4, with the 4.0 and an np231 transfer case.

Mileage: ~240,000 why about? Because I changed out the cluster for one with better color needles that had lower miles.

That's the basics... Scrounged together and factory ordered options: Leather seats that flip, wood grain center console, wing windows for rear glass, power windows and locks, heated mirrors, auto darkening rear view mirror from ZJ, and fog lights.

What's been done to it:

Head gasket replaced and head resurfaced, AFE cold air intake, superchips tuner, H3 headlight conversion with glass multifaceted housings and bulbs wired in with relays, 2" spacer lift in front, dorman HD rear springs that netted about a 1.5" lift in rear, TJ 16" moabs with 245/75/16 tires that only have 10k miles on them(still have receipt and possible transferable warranty), converted to 3.55 gears and speedometer gear changed to be accurate, poly front control arm bushings, replaced tie rods, replaced track bar, 3 year old radiator, new water pump(never overheated since I have owned it, bearings just went bad), replaced u-joints, converted to CV axles in the front(I never planned on going off road), replaced front hub bearings, front drive shaft re-balanced, replaced front pads, calipers, brake hoses, wired for subwoofer, red led cluster lights, interior led lights, and I'm sure I'm missing something more.

Things it needs: Some of the spare parts installed really... I just don't have the time anymore. I have good sealed used parts to fix the A/C. They came off a jeep I parted where the air worked flawlessly. The evaporator core seems to have a hole in it and the condenser had a hole in it I patched 3 years ago. Windshield is sandblasted from time. That's what it needs in the short term. In the long term, the spare axles I have would be good to install as the rear axle has been converted to disc brakes with new wheel bearings and seals. It also has a factory limited slip diff in it. The discs, pads, hardware, and hoses are brand new never installed. The calipers and mounting brackets are off an 04 Liberty. The extra front axle has brand new in the box upper and lower ball joints. Why? Because its easier to replace them while the axle is just sitting there right? Right...

Now for the extras! Everyone loves extras... I honestly can't tell you how much extra parts I have for this thing. I can only give you the quick run down of the stuff that I can remember. Extra np231 T case, previously mentioned axles, a rebuildable engine, a 97 2wd auto transmission, spare 5 speed front and rear drive shafts(rear has NEW tuff joints in it just needs balancing), spare automatic driveshafts, AX-15 with 92k miles from a 96, clutch set and flywheel from said 96, speakers... lots of extra kenwood and pioneer speakers(they were cheap at the yards and I was planning on making a nice sounding setup), 2 - 99+ intakes with throttle bodies, 1.5" lift shackles, complete exhaust system from manifold to tail with cat and thrush chambered muffler, original hood, spare white hatch, 2 speed electric cooling fan from grand cherokee, spare tail and fog lights, extra console, extra overhead console(needs recovering), extra RKE(untested but assumed is paired), 4-9 computers, 2-3 clusters, 8-15 fog light switches, and probably two buckets of jeep bolts. Seriously though, there's more here, I just can't think of it all.

There are two other 2 door jeeps in the family so there will be some spare parts that are not listed that will be staying. Just letting you know ahead of time if you see them in the pictures.

The price is for the 98 and all the parts that I have to give with it. Why so many parts? I was in the process of making one Jeep out of 3. Know where a 4th one is with a 242 transfer case if you are really feeling froggy. Title is free and clear.

Contact: Emailing me at khyren@gmail.com works the best or message me on here as I will be checking this every day at noon.

Pictures! Everyone loves pictures! YaaaaaaaY! Here's a couple to get you started and the rest are in the photobucket folder. Yes the wheels have been cleaned up since and they are bright again. There is also a 5th TJ Moab spare on the wall of the hatch area.

[IMG]Drivers side[/IMG]
[IMG]Passenger side[/IMG]

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kilg...eep%20CHerokee

Last edited by Khyren; 05-14-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 PM

Something I may have failed to convey is that this runs and drives just fine. The axles don't HAVE to be installed to run and drive. It's just something that would make it better. I also have a NIB Ram clutch kit and Comp Cams 68-232-4 camshaft that goes with it.

Last edited by Khyren; 04-10-2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Adding parts
Old 04-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.6L Stroker

Your Album states its private.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:23 PM

Should be fixed. Also, I should mention how the mileage is ~240k... At 213k, i put in a gauge cluster that had 168k on it because it had better color. That cluster currently reads 195k. And as someone asked today, the Jeep currently has a Chrysler 8.25 under it and the one with the disc brakes is also an 8.25.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:48 AM

Is there a "Jeep only" price?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:52 AM

Not as of yet. Really need it all gone in one shot. Need that half of the garage back.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:56 PM

Price dropped to $4500 for everything.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM

Further reduced, $3500 takes everything.