Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidAtl]: 1998 Cherokee Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 1998 Cherokee Sport

Green 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 with 149,000 miles. 4.0L inline 6. Automatic Trans. This Jeep is mechanically in very good shape. Interior is in good shape minus the headliner. Tires have less than 1,000 miles (Goodyear Wranglers) I have owned it for the past 5 years and it hasn't failed me.

In the last year I have given it a tune up with new wires, rotor, cap, and plugs. Replaced power steering pump.

In the past 2-3 years I have replaced the exhaust from the engine back with a custom welded exhaust manifold (original is prone to cracking), magniflow cat, dynomax muffler. Sounds good. It's a little more aggressive, without being too loud.
I also replaced the water pump, radiator, clutch fan, electric fan, thermostat, etc... The cooling on this engine is a weak link. I've beefed it up a little bit and it will run cool no mater where you are now.

Things that it needs are:
Headliner repair, brake job, slip yoke on the rear driveshaft needs to be greased(might as well replace ujoints while your at it), passenger side window motor is off tracks so it won't go up and down I have it stabilized so that it will stay up. Front window has crack down the middle. Rear window washer won't spit out fluid. Exterior has dings and scratches typical of a truck16 years old. Could use a really good clean and polish with cutting compound.
That's pretty much it.
If email looks fishy I won't respond.

You can see the listing on Craigslist Charleston here.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Any pics?