More progress, and only one surprise!
Everything is back in place!
The surprise came when I dropped the carrier in. It spun fine...for a half spin, then it started to bind. What the...oh wait, the axle is sitting opposite of how you took it out, you need to swap the spacers and clamps dummy!
So...it took some effort, but I got the carrier back out, swapped the equipment and dropped it back in. This time it rolled nice and smooth.
What's left to finish before installation:
1) Bend the new brake line in place and figure out how to attach.
2) Install the calipers, pads and rotors (E-Brake will come later, my current Y connector won't budge. Started to bend things. Left it soaking in penetrating oil.)
3) Fill it with diff fluid
4) RTV Seal on the Solid cover, reattach
5) Install Pinion Adapter
1) Remove the front drive shaft!!!
2) Remove the 8.25 (Check angle)
___a) Pull tires
___b) Disconnect rear drive shaft
___c) Remove U-bolts/Plates
___d) Disconnect brake lines
___e) Remove shocks
___f) Slide 'er out
3) Slide the 8.8 in place
4) Adjust pinion angle (16 or 17 degrees? We'll see...)
5) Tack weld the perches (Shock and Spring)
6) Slide it back out
7) Final weld everything in place
8) Finish painting
9) Slide it back in
10) Attach the brakes
11) Connect the drive shaft
12) Fasten new U-bolts/plates
13) Re-install shocks
14) Bleed the brakes
Now (Yes I know the brake brackets are backwards!)
Check out the build: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/bla...9-build-56641/
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 (XJ FTW!)
4" Hybrid Lift (Front - OME Coils from a TJ - RE CA Drop Brackets, Rear - RC Leafs with 2 leafs removed)
31" Michelin LTX M/S - Ecco Silver Rims
Bilstein 5100's - ZJ Rear Discs
Optima Red Top Battery - HDE Shackle Relocation
Rola Roof Rack - Thule with Fairing
Homemade Hood Vents - K&N Air Filter
784 Fuel Injectors