Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior rebuild question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Interior rebuild question.

So I have the carpet, seats, and headliner all pulled out of my 97 xj. I use it mainly for mud (not my daily driver). I wheel it with no doors so the inside always gets real nasty and filled with water. I'm drilling a few more drain holes and I want to coat the inside with something, I just don't know what would work the best. Rhino line? Line X? Rattle can? Something else? What do y'all think?
Thanks
Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999

All good products it just depends on how much prep your willing to do and the price for the product being applied, seems everything ends up being cost vs. work lol.

One thing to consider is the heat from the floor in the transfer case/exhaust areas but a little planning will help on those. I only have experience with one commercially applied product (Rhino Liner) that I used in the bed and on the floors of 2 4x4 PU's that I used on the farm. It was very durable and washed out on the floors good always dirty mud, cow manure, dirt, rocks.

Only place it was ever damaged was in the bed when a goose neck trailer feel from the hitch when loaded with 14 large round bales of hay.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1990

My father did a roll in bed liner in his YJ a few years ago. It has held up well and looks good. Not sure the brand, he bought it at a local auto parts store.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0l

May want to look in to monstaliner as that is a use that they try to sell there product for.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 01, 99, 98, 98,98

Monstaliner is on my wish list. I Don't want to put carpet back in mine. Also I have a roof of one of my Cherokees to do. The paint burned off in a fairly large section and I want to try and monstaline the whole section between the roof rack side rails.

I've done a lot of research and this seems to be one of the easier to apply, has great uv resistance and is pricey but not stupid expensive. Also seems very durable.