Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of DND Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: V6 4.0
Default Beware of DND Offroad

I purchased a rear bumper from Down N Dirty Offroad over the phone in January and it still isn't here. We were originally told 2 weeks till it would get here which was probably too good to be true. Their first excuse was that they shipped the bumper, but they had the wrong address. This was probably a lie because we never received a tracking number or notification it was shipped. Okay so now we were told they were building a new one and it was supposed to be shipped last friday. Okay so they said they shipped it and gave us a tracking number. Turns out FedEx never picked anything up from them after we called their customer support. These guys have been a nightmare and unless you are local stay away! Also I find it funny that after we call them they always make up an excuse and say they will call back and then they don't...very disappointing
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989 2 door
Engine: 4.0

how did u pay? stop pay in CC?

Last edited by MUKAK; 05-21-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1998

I feel your pain. There's a bunch of us that got taken by Froehlich Suspension Technologies here recently. He was selling HID headlight conversions. Dozens of us ponied up $200+ at the beginning of last December and have never gotten our products.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate to say it but that's why his stuff is priced super cheap.And that rear tire carrier looks super small and probably would break over time.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:04 AM
CF Veteran

Never heard of that company before, you might have posted here first to ask about them if anyone had did business with them before.

Hope you used a CC then you stop payment on the charge same with Pay Pal using your CC (ALWAYS).

Last there is a company that make an excellent rear swing out tire carrier bumper very HD one for $600 Shipped I have one. They have others also as all they sell are XJ bumpers and keep busy. Ask before you "LEAP"
Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 AM

Try to go local for items like bumpers ,cages, rocker guards, skid plates, etc. You'll get better service and the fit will be better than mail order. If something isn't right, they can fix it with no additional cost to you in most cases. Just go to a fab shop, check out their work and negotiate. Some shops will even do work for less if they are struggling and you're helping them stay afloat.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
Never heard of that company before, you might have posted here first to ask about them if anyone had did business with them before.

Hope you used a CC then you stop payment on the charge same with Pay Pal using your CC (ALWAYS).

Last there is a company that make an excellent rear swing out tire carrier bumper very HD one for $600 Shipped I have one. They have others also as all they sell are XJ bumpers and keep busy. Ask before you "LEAP"
I did ask around a little here and I got mixed reviews. I went to there facebook and saw that a lot of people seemed to love them, but you are right I should have researched more. Do you know the name of this other company that sells bumpers because I am interested?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Aaron99WhiteXJ
I did ask around a little here and I got mixed reviews. I went to there facebook and saw that a lot of people seemed to love them, but you are right I should have researched more. Do you know the name of this other company that sells bumpers because I am interested?

Yes here is a link http://roxolidtrailarmor.com/Off-Roa...ucts/index.php

His products are well made and very HD in the Crawler line.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Year: 2001

yeh i have front and rear bumpers from DND. i wil say i have had several issues with them. they are located 2 hours from me so i drive up there lol. had to take the rear wiper arm off because the tire carrier will not close because the arm htis the tire carrier. also the front bumper, one of the light tabs was WELDED on crooked. the tabs for the fairlead was bent too far in so i oculdnt mount my winch without bending them back out. ended up *****ing and got nothing accomplished. so i ended up fixing the crap and then the owner was mad because i said i didnt want the one they were building me. sorry but if it takes u 3 months to build a bumper sorry im gonna fix up Your mess up.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Seasoned Member

Man I thought I was the only one that had a bad experience with them similar thing happened to me. I bought their front winch bumper on eBay I was told he had it in stock and that I should get it within two weeks as well...well 2 weeks pass nothing I sent them a message on eBay asking about it no reply until I found them on Facebook and asked for it they told me they lost my order so they have to make me a new one 3 weeks later it gets lost through fed ex. I contact him and ask for a refund he said. "Its not our fault that the company on the shipping end lost it and I won't give a penny back till they pay me". Even after saying that he still wanted to make me a new one I told him I didn't have his time to wait another month when it was suppose to be here in a week or so, otherwise I would have ordered a better one that I wouldn't mind waiting for. Thankfully I opened a case within two days eBay was in favor of my side of the story and I got a full refund. I went to dirtbound offroad and bought their winch bumper and it was truly made in two weeks.

They also seem to have two eBay accounts the one with the company name (downndirty) has horrible reviews on it with the exact same story I just gave. And the other one is at 100% positive feedback seemed fishy (tapassvr)
Another thing they said at DND was that he had over 50 vendors state wide...yeah I call bull****.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Strmtrooper70
Man I thought I was the only one that had a bad experience with them similar thing happened to me. I bought their front winch bumper on eBay I was told he had it in stock and that I should get it within two weeks as well...well 2 weeks pass nothing I sent them a message on eBay asking about it no reply until I found them on Facebook and asked for it they told me they lost my order so they have to make me a new one 3 weeks later it gets lost through fed ex. I contact him and ask for a refund he said. "Its not our fault that the company on the shipping end lost it and I won't give a penny back till they pay me". Even after saying that he still wanted to make me a new one I told him I didn't have his time to wait another month when it was suppose to be here in a week or so, otherwise I would have ordered a better one that I wouldn't mind waiting for. Thankfully I opened a case within two days eBay was in favor of my side of the story and I got a full refund. I went to dirtbound offroad and bought their winch bumper and it was truly made in two weeks.

They also seem to have two eBay accounts the one with the company name (downndirty) has horrible reviews on it with the exact same story I just gave. And the other one is at 100% positive feedback seemed fishy (tapassvr)
Another thing they said at DND was that he had over 50 vendors state wide...yeah I call bull****.
That said FedEx lost mine and they are building a new one right now. They sent half of it finally I got part of the bumper, but the other half they had to "reattach the tags because they fell off" which is probably bs. We called them and they said it was supposed to reship again last friday and what do you know there is still no bumper. We keep calling and leaving messages hopefully we get a hold of them on Monday.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I feel your pain. There's a bunch of us that got taken by Froehlich Suspension Technologies here recently. He was selling HID headlight conversions. Dozens of us ponied up $200+ at the beginning of last December and have never gotten our products."

-YUP, had to do a dispute for another product I bought with him (shackle boxes)

WHY the heel does this forum let someone with an astounding amount of complaints (IMHO) keep the sponsor status here?

I feel for you bro...
Old 05-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Member

It's just so weird that they keep losing things. How the hell are they shipping them? That's why I asked for a refund. I think if they where a vendor here they should get banned and let the jeep community know about companies like this.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vincenza V
"I feel your pain. There's a bunch of us that got taken by Froehlich Suspension Technologies here recently. He was selling HID headlight conversions. Dozens of us ponied up $200+ at the beginning of last December and have never gotten our products."

-YUP, had to do a dispute for another product I bought with him (shackle boxes)

WHY the heel does this forum let someone with an astounding amount of complaints (IMHO) keep the sponsor status here?

I feel for you bro...
I remember looking through one of the threads about that what a nightmare! I ended up ponying up the 400 for trucklite leds and couldn't be happier.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:39 PM

Alright so here is an update. The bumper came in today and now I have everything. Whether FedEx lost two bumpers or not I will never know for sure, but DND did gain some of their respect back with me because they did get the product here and it is quality. I am disappointed it took this long to get here and the customer service is poor, but once we took serious measures they made sure the bumper would get there this time. Overall the bumper looks great and I will update with an install.

Quick Reply: Beware of DND Offroad