Sponsored by: DashLynx

Worst Delivery I've Ever Recieved

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default Worst Delivery I've Ever Recieved

So I bought the Smittybilt XRC Rear Tire Carrier from Morris 4x4. It was shipped in 2 packages. According to the shipping/tracking info, they were both shipped at the exact same time with the exact same ETA.

The first arrived at my house Friday. I opened the box and the tire carrier was inside. Everything looked to be in order. For whatever reason the other package got hung up in Florida and didn't arrive. I kept checking the tracking all weekend and finally it was updated that it would arrive today. I got home from lunch and found this:

Are you kidding me? That's how you deliver a package? The rips & tears in the bubble wrap were there when I walked up. That's exactly how it sat when I got to my back porch. Ignore the plastic bag behind the bumper, that's an owners manual from a lawnmower I just bought. There was nothing included with the bumper at all.

It was beat to hell. Clearly something happened to get the two packages separated, and whatever it was absolutely destroyed the packaging and whatever parts were inside. I called Morris and talked to them. They were awesome. They assured me that they didn't ship their products the way my bumper arrived. They were shipped in boxes and wrapped well to prevent any damage. They shipped me another bumper while I was on the phone and arranged for FedEx to come pick up the package while I was at work. They'd bring the return slip & everything. I wont have to do a thing.

I wouldn't have even minded the scrapes, scratches & chips so much considering it's going to get that way anyway and these were pretty minimal considering the subpar packaging. What ticked me off was that there was supposed to be so much more included.

Where were the tie in brackets? Where were the nut strips? Where was the rear fender armor? Where were the instructions? Hardware? ANYTHING? Are you kidding me FedEx? How many hands did this pass through like this and no one thought to themselves, "hmmm this doesn't seem right."

Again, all praise to Morris who did everything they could to help me out. They were perfect.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L
Default Worst Delivery I've Ever Recieved

Wow, that really sucks.

But yeah, Morris is a top notch outfit.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

you think they were amused handling the first heavy steel parcel, just wait till they have to ship your next one. lol.

it sux tho, it shouldn't be handled that way.
i would've kept what was shipped and just had them ship the missing pieces.

next time, buy from a local fabricator
Old 08-31-2015, 07:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999

Originally Posted by caged
you think they were amused handling the first heavy steel parcel, just wait till they have to ship your next one. lol. it sux tho, it shouldn't be handled that way. i would've kept what was shipped and just had them ship the missing pieces. next time, buy from a local fabricator
greed, buying from local fabricators tend to be better and u get to support the local guys.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Seasoned Member

you think they were amused handling the first heavy steel parcel, just wait till they have to ship your next one. lol.

According to Morris that wasn't an option. I either had to keep it all or send it all back for an all new unit. Since it's not an inconvenience to me, I was totally fine with sending it all back.

And as far as local fabricators, no one here can do it for anywhere near $650, which is what the XRC cost me with free shipping, to my door step. Money is king.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:44 AM
kgm
CF Veteran

Year: 99

You mean do their job?

I was a bike messenger. Carried 100 pound **** on the reg on my back for 3 years while bouncing my face against windshields in downtown Chicago. Spoiled wusses.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Years ago i had a parts car and i shipped a friend the cowl cover panel,I boxed it up wrapped in bubble wrap a few layers on it.When he got it looked like a forklift ran it over and had no box at all.It was ups that did this tho.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1997

am I the only one that finds it funny to see soneone sending an aftermarket steel BUMPER back because it got "beat up" during shipping...? put the damn thing on and go run **** over, isn't that why you bought it?
Old 09-01-2015, 03:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The problem is hes missing all the mounting hardware and instructions,And they won't send just that hes gotta send it back thats the funny part to me.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by s346k
am I the only one that finds it funny to see soneone sending an aftermarket steel BUMPER back because it got "beat up" during shipping...? put the damn thing on and go run **** over, isn't that why you bought it?
Hahahaha, did you even read the post? Jeez. They didn't send tie in brackets. What am I supposed to attach the bumper with? Zip ties? GTFO.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by kgm
You mean do their job?

I was a bike messenger. Carried 100 pound **** on the reg on my back for 3 years while bouncing my face against windshields in downtown Chicago. Spoiled wusses.
Yeah I don't want to live in a country where we're ok with people not doing their jobs or at the very least, not doing the job we paid them to do. That seems as un-American as it gets.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 liter inline 6

Wish i had good local fabricators where im from. its every man for himself.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

the handlers probably thought it wasn't gonna break if they tossed it around. little did they know there was (supposed to be) a parts kit included in that box that probable just disintegrated from the awkward heavy bumper.
i mean, it's not like it was wrapped up on a skid so it wouldn't need to be handbombed.

just like a box that says "fragile", the handlers just toss those around under their smirks and giggles. lol.

it probably goes through 5 or 6 hands before it gets to your door.

hope your new bumper arrives with a little less drama and it gets put on to bounce off a few trees before the end of the wheeling season.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1997

the point im making is this stuff happens everyday to thousands of people. if you saw what goes on in a FedEx terminal you'd wonder how anything gets anywhere, it's nuts. I'd say they do a damn good job given the volume and customization of freight.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by s346k
the point im making is this stuff happens everyday to thousands of people. if you saw what goes on in a FedEx terminal you'd wonder how anything gets anywhere, it's nuts. I'd say they do a damn good job given the volume and customization of freight.
No that's not what you were saying at all. You're backtracking. You suggested I keep the bumper despite all of the missing parts that I paid for. That's an asinine suggestion that no one in their right mind would contemplate.

Quick Reply: Worst Delivery I've Ever Recieved