tank..

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default tank..

just wanted to share and hear some stories about the tanks we're driving.

My story #1..
first day owning the jeep, i'm talking to my buddy. telling him i'm not sure i could ever love this jeep the way i loved my eclipse(former car lol). No sooner than finishing this sentence did we nail a deer at 55mph. It felt like a drove through a piece of cardboard. after pulling over to inspect the damage, and fearing severe front end work ahead of me...
i found that i CRACKED my fog light. and had to clean away some hair from the deer. RIP deer. Long live 93 jeep cherokee.

Story #2..
Took Jasmine(jeep's loving name at this point) to the trails. And bogged her down in some mud pretty bad. kicked it into 4 wheel and finally got traction to back out. unfortunately for me, my rear left tire caught the one dry rock in the area, and i spun it way to far to the right. slammed into a tree, and once again feared severe damage. fixed the damage the following day for $10, new tail lens. Didn't even need the bulb. And the miniscule dent in the bumper gives her character.

so lets hear some good ones..
Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 inline 6 HO

ok so i was drivin down the road going oh 80mph and a freakin bir fload out and nailed my jeep! so i slow down and get out and walk around and saw where it hit it hit my freakin tow hook! there was a bloody mess but no bird haha so i walked down the road and found half of it and the other half i could never find again lol so after a quick wash my jeep was back to normal again
Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1986
Engine: 4-banger

well not my jeep but my cousin has towed 18 wheeles out of the middle of the road with his cherokee haha
Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

I heard the sickening "clack, clack, clack" of the wheels, I turned around just in time the see the Wal-Mart shopping cart begin it's hell bent for leather, bee-line for my Cherokee.

The wind from an afternoon shower had got her going, but the downhill incline kept her accelerating.
One front wheel had the speed wobbles, but like a Tiger Woods par 4 tee shot, she slowly arched until she was on a one way collision course for my Jeep.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO", I thought. "My Jeep"!

Then, everything suddenly slowed down, like the baby carriage on the stairs scene in "The Untouchables".
Seconds were hours, I stood there helpless, being to far away for any kind of Indiana Jones action, and watched as she steamed her way thru the drizzle like a runaway truck on a mountain pass.

KER-THUNK! She hit the passenger door dead on with a full head of gravity induced steam, I could see the dent from where I stood.

The next day, a good pull with a suction cup dent puller had the Jeep door as good as new.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

i think that was a litte over dramatized....but good story haha
Old 07-31-2009, 11:44 PM

hahaha good detail
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
I heard the sickening "clack, clack, clack" of the wheels, I turned around just in time the see the Wal-Mart shopping cart begin it's hell bent for leather, bee-line for my Cherokee.

The wind from an afternoon shower had got her going, but the downhill incline kept her accelerating.
One front wheel had the speed wobbles, but like a Tiger Woods par 4 tee shot, she slowly arched until she was on a one way collision course for my Jeep.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO", I thought. "My Jeep"!

Then, everything suddenly slowed down, like the baby carriage on the stairs scene in "The Untouchables".
Seconds were hours, I stood there helpless, being to far away for any kind of Indiana Jones action, and watched as she steamed her way thru the drizzle like a runaway truck on a mountain pass.

KER-THUNK! She hit the passenger door dead on with a full head of gravity induced steam, I could see the dent from where I stood.

The next day, a good pull with a suction cup dent puller had the Jeep door as good as new.

haha i think you told that story better than anyone else could have
Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

i am afraid to take mine to far into the woods. i got hung up on wet grass in 2wd, and the other wheel never started to spin, like i dont have limited slip, or its not working???? so i dont have any good stories yet.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 PM

i'm judgemental of the trails i head down too. just today actually i was trying to drive around a huge swampy puddle...clay at the edge gave in and the thing was so deep it came up over the headlights. had it in four wheel so it was luckily as easy as rocking the wheel and reversing out. took a minute but came out fairly easy. scared me for a minute though.