Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L V6
Default Need Help!

I've got a 2004 4.0L V6 Grand Cherokee with 175,000 miles. For several months now my Jeep has been randomly misfiring. Randomly, at high speed and low speed my Jeep will shudder and feel like it's getting no power. If I keep my foot on the accelerator it'll continue shaking and be non-responsive. If I let off the gas, in about 10-20 seconds it'll recover and drive normally. It has never broken down or shut off during or after an event. It happens frequently too, driving home the other week from out of town, in 200 miles it happened 10 times. I can't figure out what's wrong. There are no other issues, car starts up fine every single time.

I've taken it to four mechanics and even two dealerships. The check engine light is off. There are no codes coming up. The fuel system was flushed, fuel filter replaced, spark plugs/coils/wires replaced, got a new battery, and a new throttle position sensor. No one I've taken it to has been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

You don't have a 4.0 V-6 they were all inline 6's the other option was a V-8 4.7 and a 4.7HO engines.

I would take it back to a Jeep dealership and tell them to call when they find the problem and leave it. If they can't find the problem I don't know who could. I also have an 04 WJ with the 4.7HO Overland and Jeep is the only place I take it to, way to many electronics on it for most to work on. and use OEM parts also.