Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Morris and UPS shipping

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Morris and UPS shipping

I ordered a rubicon express 3.5 inch lift and a T case drop from Morris 4x4 on 6-3-16. I arrived on 6-8-16 minus a leaf spring. I had made arrangements to be off work on 6-10-16 to use a buddies shop and install the lift. When I realized I was missing a leaf spring I immediately called UPS. They stated the spring was shipped separate and I should receive it on 6-9-16. I wait...No spring... I call again. UPS stated it should be there on 6-10-16. I wait... No spring... I call UPS again. They now state the 45lb leaf spring is missing.. They "open and investigation."

I call Morris 4x4 on 6-11-16 because they're closed by the time I realized the spring is lost on 6-10-16. They stated they would send me another spring and would take it up with UPS. I told them I understand that UPS is at fault but I really needed the spring ASAP, hoping they may give me faster shipping for the inconvenience. No luck, they stated the spring should be here on 6-17-16. I receive a tracking number on 6-13-16 stating the spring is expected to arrived 6-17-16. I again make arrangements but using 10 hours of comp time to be off work on 6-18-16 to use a buddies shop and install the spring.

I patiently wait for the UPS man on 6-17-16... No spring... I call UPS and they stated the spring was on a train in OKC.. about 2 hours away. They stated the spring should be here on 6-20-16.... I'm livid at this point. I've used 20 hours of comp time and have been looking at part of a lift kit I've spent almost $600 on... But I patiently wait til 6-20-16... NO SPRING...

I call UPS and am on hold 3 different times. I explain the situation and speak with another person who contacts Morris 4x4. UPS opens another investigation.. I call Morris 4x4 apparently 15 minutes and choose the option to speak with someone about missing parts. I am on hold for 10 minutes and the call drops....

I then call back to Morris 4x4 and choose the option to inquire about a new order.. The call is answered immediately. I explain my situation and the guy says they're about to close. I tell him it has been 17 days since my original order and have missed 2 days of work.. He transfers me to the claims department. After a few minutes the employee who originally answered the phone for the new order option is back on the line. He stated that everyone has left. I explain my frustration to him and he states there's nothing he can personally do for me at this point. He stated someone can call me first thing in the morning. I get the parts managers number and I plan on calling him first thing in the morning.

I am obviously not happy with UPS customer service and to a point, Morris 4x4's service. I understand that UPS is the one losing this thing, twice.. What would you guys expect from Morris Offroad at this point... I think they should overnight the spring and take it up with UPS.

A final note before I'm done with my rant.... The spring I did receive was not packaged in any way. The finish was all beat up like it had been thrown around (probably had by UPS) and the label was barely attached. I understand the spring is going on the bottom of the jeep and will get jacked up but I expect it to look new if I'm paying new price. I suspect the unsecure label could have had something to do with the spring not making it to me but who knows...

Last edited by travisrr; 06-21-2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 PM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.Slow

Do you mean Morris4x4 in Pompano Beach FL?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:14 PM

Yea lol
Old 06-20-2016, 09:16 PM
THE Admin

Default Fed up with ups and morris off road....

Originally Posted by travisrr
Yea lol
They're friends of mine and i live close, so let me see what i can find out and do for you. I know they have been having some problems with UPS and their deliveries lately.

Last edited by Outlaw Star; 06-20-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star
They're friends of mine and i live close, so let me see what i can find out and do for you. I know they have been having some problems with UPS and their deliveries lately.
Cool I'm supposed to call them back in the morning when I get off work. I get that it's on UPS but I'm frustrated at this point. I feel like Morris should take care of their customer by overnighting me a spring, and take it up with UPS. This is my first order of what I planned on being many with my new project..
Old 06-20-2016, 09:47 PM
THE Admin

Cool I'm supposed to call them back in the morning when I get off work. I get that it's on UPS but I'm frustrated at this point. I feel like Morris should take care of their customer by overnighting me a spring, and take it up with UPS. This is my first order of what I planned on being many with my new project..
Feel free to PM me with any problems or concerns. Usually a majority of problems can be handled quickly with these guys.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I think they are taking care of you. They already sent a second spring correct? They are doing their part I say and it's damn ups. Overnightingredients a spring would be costly, even though in sure they could absorb it, but that opens up a slippery slope, considering outlaw stated ups has been giving them problems so customers will want it overnighted as well...sorry you've been waiting so long
Old 06-20-2016, 10:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I say morris took care of you best they should have,Ups lost your spring not them so they shouldn't have to pay overnight shipping for something they didn't do.And i wouldn't have took time off and pray my stuff shows up in time to put it on.I would have ordered the stuff got it all then took time off.And really a 3.5 lift can be put on in a few hours as long as nothing breaks or you can't get a bolt loose.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
I say morris took care of you best they should have,Ups lost your spring not them so they shouldn't have to pay overnight shipping for something they didn't do.And i wouldn't have took time off and pray my stuff shows up in time to put it on.I would have ordered the stuff got it all then took time off.And really a 3.5 lift can be put on in a few hours as long as nothing breaks or you can't get a bolt loose.

Yeah the issue I have is that UPS is dealing with the shipper, MORRIS 4x4, not me. So I figured they could take it up with them, maybe not. Both times when I used comp time to take off work I followed the tracking number up to the day before the parts were supposed to arrive, then I allowed an extra day to take off, I did just "Pray my stuff shows up." Also my buddies place is an hour away and being as such, I wanted to allow for a full day because something always breaks or gets stuck. This thread was mostly to get opinions from unbiased jeepers for what I should expect while talking to the manager. I really wasn't looking for any advice on what I do with my work schedule.. Again the spring I received was packaged and labeled poorly..
Old 06-20-2016, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Is a spring how do you expect it to be packaged in a box full of bubble wrap and peanuts?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never seen a leaf spring shipped any other way and I've ordered A LOT of parts. It will be fine. Shipping is very costly on heavy awkward items such as a leaf spring. It sounds like Morris has done everything they can to accommodate. Sorry to hear and I feel your frustration. I've had packages lost by the shipper on multiple occasions and it's never fun. I know the feeling of wanting to get your Jeep done asap especially after spending your hard earned money. Just gotta roll with the punches sometimes.

Last edited by Jeepology; 06-20-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:59 PM

Well it looks like the general consensus is that UPS sucks and I should wait around, hoping to get a leaf spring before fall.

Last edited by travisrr; 06-21-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Will it looks like the general consensus is that UPS sucks and I should wait around, hoping to get a leaf spring before fall.
Not at all. If UPS did indeed lose the spring again you paid for then Morris should still send you another. I'm assuming they probably had insurance on the lost shipments. Overnighting a spring seems a little much though since the shipping itself would probably cost more than the spring. Just my personal opinion and good luck. Trying to solve anything regarding lost shipments with a carrier is a nightmare.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:17 AM

LOL I meant it looks like I should keep asking Morris to send me the spring I'm missing and hope one finally gets here.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:05 AM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

i dont know how you could be fed up with Morris. they went above and beyond by sending you another spring. its not their fault that UPS is dropping the ball.

Quick Reply: Morris and UPS shipping