Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Are Jeeps the most popular vehicle or what?

Old 08-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Are Jeeps the most popular vehicle or what?

Sounds dumb but since getting my wk I cant believe the sheer amounts of jeep products I see on the road. Its like 1of 5 vehicles I pass is a jeep of some sort. I know that when you get a vehicle you start to notice others on the road that are the same but this is crazy. And if I see another black grand (like mine) Im gonna puke. LOL I think jeep and ram are the only things keeping chrysler afloat these days.Im located in the northeast so maybe that has something to do with it?
Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Plentyyyyyy of jeeps 'round my parts and im just south of you
Old 08-28-2016, 10:05 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Year: 1999

What's amazing to me, especially here in the rust belt, is how many XJs I see still on the road considering they have not been made for 15 years now. They're all over the place.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I see a lot of the newer grands and some new cherokees.Most xjs i see are stock and i seen a lot of wjs and some zks here and there.If its a wrangler i see its a jk and a brodrozer type.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of Jeeps around here. My two next door neighbors have Jeeps and the fellow across the street from me has a Jeep.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a word for it, but basically you're noticing all the jeeps because you're subconsciously looking for them.

My wife has a Taurus X. They made about 30,000 of them, but I see them EVERYWHERE. They made less than 200k Excursions, but now that you're looking () you'll see 4-5 on your way home.

But you won't notice all the Camrys.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
I see a lot of the newer grands and some new cherokees.Most xjs i see are stock and i seen a lot of wjs and some zks here and there.If its a wrangler i see its a jk and a brodrozer type.
This brodrozer thing confuses me. What makes it that? My buddy has a jk with bumpers, numerous lights, nice wheels and tires, and it looks good. When it's clean that is. He wheels the crap out of it. Granted, I see jks that look like his but that probably have never touched dirt. Is brodrozer the same regardless if you wheel it or not? It's just the look?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:44 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996

Originally Posted by Martlor13
This brodrozer thing confuses me. What makes it that? My buddy has a jk with bumpers, numerous lights, nice wheels and tires, and it looks good. When it's clean that is. He wheels the crap out of it. Granted, I see jks that look like his but that probably have never touched dirt. Is brodrozer the same regardless if you wheel it or not? It's just the look?
usually a brodozer will be all show and no go. 20 inch rims on profile mud terrain tires, two dozen light bars and pods, etc. honestly unless you know the guy/girl it's hard to actually know if it's solely a mall crawler or if it's actually used off road. it's easy to judge someone, and so what if he/she doesn't offroad their 60k+ jeep? it's not my money so it doesn't affect me. the only time i agree on criticizing those people is when they try to convince you their car/truck/jeep is the **** compared to yours, or claims to make X amount of HP when it doesn't even matter that much in the offroad world

on the topic, here I never see XJs. for the 5 years I've had mine and looked around to find some, I've only seen maybe half a dozen on the road, and another 3-4 parked in a driveway with flat tires awaiting another fate. new KLs are a lot more common, same for newer libertys, patriots and GC
Old 08-29-2016, 09:57 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Brodrozer is another name for a mall crawler,Like said all show and no go.My local off road park i have seen only 2 jks try any trail harder then a dirt road.The ones i see taking the trails are highly modded xjs and older wranglers some full sizes and a lot of buggy style rock crawlers.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by wizardpc
There's a word for it, but basically you're noticing all the jeeps because you're subconsciously looking for them.

My wife has a Taurus X. They made about 30,000 of them, but I see them EVERYWHERE. They made less than 200k Excursions, but now that you're looking () you'll see 4-5 on your way home.

Im aware of that syndrome and have fallen prey to it many times. I never really noticed xjs til I got mine. But the jeep thing is overwhelming. Last night I took the family to get ice cream at about 10 pm. The place was still busy at this hour btw. We're standing in the dimly lit parking lot and of the few cars that are there I notice a liberty, another black gc, an xj, and a wrangler. Then theres my gc. Thats over half the cars there. Its amazing.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Brodrozer is another name for a mall crawler,Like said all show and no go.My local off road park i have seen only 2 jks try any trail harder then a dirt road.The ones i see taking the trails are highly modded xjs and older wranglers some full sizes and a lot of buggy style rock crawlers.
OK I see. But like said above it is hard to tell if it's used offroad or not. You could easily call my buddy's a mall crawler when he has it shined up and touches up the scratches. In the case of your offroad park, it is more justifiable to do harder, more difficult trails on an older less expensive vehicle than a 60k one. But yeah it is hard to tell.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Yes, there are a lot of Jeeps around.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The increase in how many wranglers I saw on the road skyrocketed once the JKU came out. Every soccer mom/dad has one as an alternative to their minivan. That's why you never wave to a JK lol.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Correction, I always wave to JKs. They're no joke.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Out here in Texas I don't really consider any Jeep a brodozer. The brodozers are the huge pickup trucks jacked up high to intimidate other drivers. It's popular among rednecks who like to pretend their jobs require off-road capability. These guys tend to drive very aggressively, especially when it comes to tailgating smaller vehicles.

Originally Posted by carbuff
Are Jeeps the most popular vehicle or what?
Or what. Jeep doesn't even make the top 20. The most popular vehicle in America is a Toyota Camry. The top five are all Japanese, and there are only three American cars in the top ten.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02...s-figures.html

Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

Until one of them hits you. It's always a ****ing Camry.

https://www.facebook.com/ItsAlwaysACamry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are Jeeps the most popular vehicle or what?