Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Default HELP!

So my Jeep, a '99 xj, has an issue lol. The heater stays on even when I shut the ignition off. A couple months ago I took it to a shop because the horn went off and wouldn't stop. Paid damn almost $300 and all they really did was basically take the relay out. Then one Sunday, I went out and came home and then when I went to leave a couple hours later, it was dead. Jumped it and the headache started. Cleaned the fuse panel about a month ago and it everything was fine, until today. I don't know what it could be. Not the slightest idea. So now I'm sitting here googling my life away and Nothing is really making sense to me. I took out the relay for the heater in hopes that that won't leave me with a dead Jeep later today. I don't like electrical problems. Not one bit. At least if a part broke, I could take it out and see that it's broken. Any ideas or suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: Inline 6 4.0

Could it be an electrical problem in the steering column? I'm thinking the wires from the horn maybe did something to kill the relay and maybe damage has been done to the key tumbler that doesn't kill all the power to the vehicle?? I feel like my logic is 90% in the ball park anyway??
Old 01-25-2015, 07:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

I had a 2000 impala do the same thing. I pulled the fuse for it and everything worked as it should for years afterward.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM

Problems with the steering column definitely haven't been ruled out. Did a bit more ready and apparently leaks in the windshield are common on the xj and the water trickles in and somehow makes its way to the wires.. Gonna take down the upper console today and see if there's any corrosion.