Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Cherokee Chat
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

View Oregon's Photo Album My Photos
2000 Cherokee
Default GOLIGHT Installed / Remote Spotlight

A while back I was browsing the web and started looking at remote spotlights. I found a lot of good and bad reviews of them. I personally like them and there have been many times that I have wanted light at an odd angle and had to use a flashlight. With this light I can put a good beam of light anywhere to in-front of or to the sides of me. With the rack on Im limited on putting light behind me, but I wasn't going to put the light on a post on top of the rack.

Mounting, I used a magnetic base. Running the wires was a pain and took a little cutting into the body, the the finished product was worth it. Ive had no leaks so far.

I have seen HID conversions for the golights, but that will be a long ways down the line if I do it.

The golight is wired. I have wiring ran for the others, but havent had the time to hook them back up. So the pics will have some crazy wires hanging out, they just havent been hooked up and zip tied.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #2

View Ritter4.0's Photo Album My Photos
1990 Cherokee

Looks awsome! What was the total cost?

Here's its slow progress in pictures: http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq39/ritter40/
Ritter4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
CF Veteran

View ZachsXJ's Photo Album My Photos

Thats pretty sweet.

91 Tudor Maroon Mash-up

629,675 Pages at 3:15am 1/12/2010
It speaks for itself
ZachsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #4

2000 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritter4.0 View Post
Looks awsome! What was the total cost?
I acutally bought the light off craigslist for $40.00. I tested it out and played with it, everything worked perfect. So I sanded it then put some krylon fusion white paint on.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Seasoned Member

View 1jeepman's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Classic Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
A while back I was browsing the web and started looking at remote spotlights. I found a lot of good and bad reviews of them. I personally like them and there have been many times that I have wanted light at an odd angle and had to use a flashlight. With this light I can put a good beam of light anywhere to in-front of or to the sides of me. With the rack on Im limited on putting light behind me, but I wasn't going to put the light on a post on top of the rack.

Mounting, I used a magnetic base. Running the wires was a pain and took a little cutting into the body, the the finished product was worth it. Ive had no leaks so far.

I have seen HID conversions for the golights, but that will be a long ways down the line if I do it.

The golight is wired. I have wiring ran for the others, but havent had the time to hook them back up. So the pics will have some crazy wires hanging out, they just havent been hooked up and zip tied.
Do you have any close up pics of how you ran your wires?
94 XJ stock 4.0 5speed
07 Patriot Grocery Getter
97 TJ 2.5" lift, 31X10.50 Maxxis Mudders, Custom intake
1jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #6

2000 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeepman View Post
Do you have any close up pics of how you ran your wires?
Here they are. I cut through the gutter, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The cord was fairly short and I needed a direct approach, that wouldnt bend the wire in the door. I cut it exactly the width of the cord, then put silicon down, then put the wire in it. I used metal clamps to hold the wire against the body to keep it from bending back and forth.

Once inside the cab I went down the pillar to the floor and across to the console. I would recommend that people get the wireless ones, but this only cost me forty bucks, so this is what I have. I also plan on keeping this Jeep for good.

It has rained since and I have no leaks. There is also still room on the backside of the wire for rain to flow through.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > General > Cherokee Chat