Sponsored by: DashLynx

CB antenna 5ft Firestick FS or Firestick Firefly

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Smile CB antenna 5ft Firestick FS or Firestick Firefly

I have a 94 Jeep XJ that I use off-road and to go to work I am really wanting to get a CB antenna but to get to work I have to go on the highway and I really don't want to have to take it off. I really like the firestick FS but will it snap without a spring on the highway? What would be the best antenna to use ?5ft Firestick FS, or 5ft Firestick Firefly without having to get a spring.And would hold up to highway speed

Last edited by XJElund; 02-13-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:14 AM

Default CB antenna 5ft Firestick FS or Firestick Firefly

I have a 94 Jeep XJ that I use off-road and to go to work I am really wanting to get a CB antenna but to get to work I have to go on the highway and I really don't want to have to take it off. I really like the firestick FS but will it snap without a spring on the highway? What would be the best antenna to use ?5ft Firestick FS, or 5ft Firestick Firefly without having to get a spring.And would hold up to highway speed
Old 02-13-2017, 10:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

A lot depends on where you plan on mounting it at. I have ran 3' fiberglass antennas on front fender mounts on 4x4 lifted where it had to be low for clearance into my garage. They are about the best option as the hood is excellent ground plane for it to work off of better receive and transmit.

Only better place is in the center of the roof better ground plane 360* in all directions. The mount is what is important when it comes to fiberglass antennas they are strong, you just need a good solid mount for them. I have never used a spring with one in over 44 yrs on CB use, only with a 102" SS whip like I have on my XJ currently mount on the rear bumper.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:18 AM

Thankyou, I currently have a mount shipping in that connects above the back light and sticks slightly out of the trunk.