Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Kawasaki 750 Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Exclamation Kawasaki 750 Help!

Hey all just picked up a "non" running 89 Kawasaki ninja ZX750F3 with brand new Pirelli tires for 400$! after 30min some new gas and a new battery she started right up! We are trying to get everything to work properly and we got it to idle and rev just fine but when it revs up it goes quick but takes several seconds to go back to idle. (Slow to return to idle) is this normal? i haven't had a bike this big so I'm not to familiar with the four stroke motor. Any help would be great!

Last edited by MillerGT1551; 03-30-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996

Originally Posted by MillerGT1551
Hey all just picked up a "non" running 89 Kawasaki ninja ZX750F3 with brand new Pirelli tires for 400$! after 30min some new gas and a new battery she started right up! We are trying to get everything to work properly and we got it to idle and rev just fine but when it revs up it goes quick but takes several seconds to go back to idle. is this normal? i haven't had a bike this big so I'm not to familiar with the four stroke motor. Any help would be great!

Check make sure spring on carb isn't wore out. Check needle jet and her needle for build up. Check throttle cable at handle bar could be a result of being too tight. Spray white lithium grease on it. Make sure cable routing is proper and that are turns and bends are gradual. Hope this helps
Old 04-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Year: 1994

Originally Posted by docmedpros
Check make sure spring on carb isn't wore out. Check needle jet and her needle for build up. Check throttle cable at handle bar could be a result of being too tight. Spray white lithium grease on it. Make sure cable routing is proper and that are turns and bends are gradual. Hope this helps
Please watch the video and read the description below...

Just bought this 1989 Kawasaki zx750, it was sitting for two years and it wasn't running when I bought it. With a new battery and new gas it started and ran not great. But I was still able to drive it around and get up to 60mph there was a little hesitation on the throttle response and when it was in neutral after running for a little while the rpms stick up in the 4000 to 5000 range. I figured it could be a vacuum leak so I replaced the vacuum hoses. I also added a quart of oil. Now it is running much worse! If I take it off choke it dies even after it warms up for a while and when I pull the throttle the rpms drop and it stalls if I let off the choke it dies! I need some help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Old 04-05-2015, 10:03 PM

Year: 2001

You've got dirty carbs. Take em off and clean them. If it dies off choke, the air passages are clogged. Pay particular attention to getting them clean. You will also need to sync the carbs after you clean and reinstall them. It's easy and there are plenty of videos on youtube showing how to do it. Good buy for $400!