Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor DirectoryvBLive TSB & Recalls
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #1

View Jonbeattie's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default Heater ac damper door reset help.

He all before you flame me I've read a bunch of posts for this but havnt found the model I have.

I have a zj ? 97 grand cheroke limited. It has the auto climate control. Late last summer I noticed the defrost did not blow, I only get air through the center dash. As it got cooler, I noticed I also get little if no heat through these same vents.

If I reach under the dash, just off to the right side of the console area there is a very hot area and a rather cool area. I have located the servo ? Motor that I think controls this damper and there is one further to the right near the kick panel.

Since both heat and direction have stopped functioning, I got another controller from the junk yard and it worked properly for a couple of cycles, maybe 3 times in 10 minutes then the display showes "err". I put the old controller back in.

I've seen the post on the next models that have dual climate that there is a way to get the doors to reset, but can't find instruction for this model.

My thoughts are that if the second controller had the dampers moving then its perhaps a simple fix of another controller or resetting this controller but I'm not sure how?

Can you help? Or advise ?
Thanks!
Jonbeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM

submit to reddit

Tags
climate, damper, heater, settings
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech