Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Check Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Check Engine light

!996 Grand Cherokee Limited - the check engine light comes on and the code reads Cyclindar 3 or 5 misfire. We drive a few times without the light coming on, then it will light up. The engine is 'strong', has great oil pressure, and does not 'miss'. Any suggestions on what is causing the Check engine light to come on?

thanks, bjh1225
Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by bjh1225
Any suggestions on what is causing the Check engine light to come on?
Yes... Cyclindar 3 or 5 misfire. If it's intermittent you probably have a loose plug wire.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:24 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)

hey UUJI,
I am new here, hope you still post

I have a 2001 grand cherokee 4.0 6 cyl. and put in a new radiator. I also changed the radiator trans cooling line, as they were seized on busted radiator, so I went unclamped and pulled them off the transmission lines they attach to. My problem is that I did not take note of what transmission line the upper/lower radiaitor lines connect back to.
Does the upper radiator line connect back to the upper trans line and the lower radiator line connect back to the lower trans line. This is all on the driver side.
hope you can help. OR does the upper radiator line connect back to the lower line. despite the diagram, AND some people say it is wrong. They believe that the top radiator line connect to bottom trans line.
I have seen diagrams, that only shows radiator filler neck on the passenger side, connecting from the trans oil cooler. I need one from the drivers side. from the radiator to trans mission.

Please help a girl out. thank you
Old 08-20-2021, 01:25 PM

UUJ1... apologies...for spelling Your name wrong
Old 08-20-2021, 01:28 PM

By the way I have a WJ 2001 grand cherokee Laredo 4.0 6 cyl, how do I correct this on my profile
Old 08-20-2021, 10:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 952 Likes on 767 Posts
Year: 1998 Classic (I'll get it running soon....) and 02 Grand
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Girlfixx
hey UUJI,
I am new here, hope you still post
If you right-click on a user's name, then select, "View Profile", you can find all kinds of interesting info. For example, if you click on the "Statistics" tab for UUJI, you'll see this:

That's 13 years ago. I'd say the chances of him replying to your post are pretty slim.

But then, your questions don't have anything to do with this thread, so that's a problem anyway, even if it were an active thread. Ir's called, "thread hijacking", and it's not cool.

Of course, dragging up old threads, even if your questions are related, is not cool, either.

Forum etiquette aside, you'll get better answers to your questions if you just start a new thread. That way it will be seen by many people and you won't be depending on one particular person to provide your answers.

Different problem, new thread.