Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor DirectoryvBLive TSB & Recalls
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #1

View timmystoys's Photo Album My Photos
2000 Grand Cherokee
Default 2000 Grand Cherokee Remote Start

I am looking for some help on my girlfriends jeep. I have installed several remote starts and had good luck with them in the past but never on a jeep. It is a 2000 GC. I did not get any keyfobs with it but I do believe that it has keyless entry and an alarm(if you don't unlock it correctly it goes off) I don't care if I keep the alarm or not. The main things that I am wanting are remote start and keyless entry. Would I be better disconnecting all of the factory items and installing a aftermarket system? I have seen factory key fobs used to operate remote starts, is this possible with this car? Also if I have to use aftermarket any brand suggestions, I have used bulldog, design tech, and viper in the past. Thanks for any help just haven't worked on a jeep much and had to mess with factory keyless and alarm, all others didn't already have it.
timmystoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #2

View DC202's Photo Album My Photos
2000 Grand Cherokee

I have remote start on my 2000 JGC and my factory remote operates it all. The alarm and remote start. I press lock twice and it starts or I can press lock twice and it shuts off.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #3

View yam125's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee

What set up did you use? I have seen various ways but I like the fact that you were able to keep the factory remote
yam125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech