Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #1

View jimmy5489's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default 1995 Jeep grand cherokee lerado HEATER ISSUE!!!

Hello, everyone i am new to this forum as well as jeeps, i have a 1995 jeep grand cherokee lerado it had the all time 4x4 with the option of 4 low, and i can not get ANY HEAT inside the cab, its ice cold, i have checked to make sure the coolant was full, i have replaced the thermostat the heater core hoses are hot as hell, the temp gage read just about 210 i even tried putting a box in front of the raderator thinking mabie the cooling system was just working too well, i get flow thru the heater core but still no heat inside, switching between hot and cold on the temp selector doesnt seem to make a differance at all mabie it gets a couple of degrees colder on the cold side, if anyone has had this problem and knows whats going on please please please help me, i have 2 small children and i cannot be with out heat this winter, also i dont know if its releated or not, but the system computer says "service 4 wheel drive switch" as i said i dont know if its releated or not, i know in my mothers 98 blazer 4x4 she had a pin hole in the vaccum line to the t case and it wouldnt give her any heat i didnt know if that might be the same case any advise would be apraciated
jimmy5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Caracticus Potts The Mod

View Willys55's Photo Album My Photos
96,95,94,93 Grand Cherokee
Cool

Could be a stuck blend door or bad blend door motor. You can test it by removing the blend door motor and checking to see if you can move the blend door. If the blend door moves and the heat comes out then you have a bad blend door motor or a bad wire. The pink/dark green wire should have battery voltage with key on. The violet/white wire should be a good ground. The dark blue/with red wire should have a variable voltage between 0 and 12 volts as the temp selector is changed. If these conditions apply then the blend door motor is bad.

NEVER said I was perfect.....just helpful.... Never Use Post Count as A Knowledge Gauge

My name is Russ, my friends call me "Doc"
Willys55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #3

View jimmy5489's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys55 View Post
Could be a stuck blend door or bad blend door motor. You can test it by removing the blend door motor and checking to see if you can move the blend door. If the blend door moves and the heat comes out then you have a bad blend door motor or a bad wire. The pink/dark green wire should have battery voltage with key on. The violet/white wire should be a good ground. The dark blue/with red wire should have a variable voltage between 0 and 12 volts as the temp selector is changed. If these conditions apply then the blend door motor is bad.
THANKS SO VERY MUCH in indeed was a stuck blend door, the guy i got it from had it parked under a tree so the thing was full of leaves and couldnt move, cleared the leaves, AWSOME HEAT thanks so very much
jimmy5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Caracticus Potts The Mod

View Willys55's Photo Album My Photos
96,95,94,93 Grand Cherokee
Cool

Your welcome.

NEVER said I was perfect.....just helpful.... Never Use Post Count as A Knowledge Gauge

My name is Russ, my friends call me "Doc"
Willys55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #5

View Douglof25's Photo Album My Photos
1995 Grand Cherokee
Default I have the same issue with the same year and model

ok where is the blend door in a 95 jeep grand cherokee limited?

I have done all the same things and still have cold air.

I just need to find the blend door - Leaves are all over this car too It might be just as simple of a fix if I can figure out where to look! lol Thanks
Douglof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Grand Cherokee Tech