Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

04 Grand Laredo 4x4 driver's side power switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 04 Grand Laredo 4x4 driver's side power switch panel

I have a 2004 laredo with what appears to be a short or fuse issue with the power switch panel on the driver's side. It's similar to the problem here but the opposite.

This is what happened starting back in July of this summer.

All the doors had been working fine up until we had driven the Jeep from Washington state down to central California. No slow starts, over heating dead batteries, nothing, it was a smooth ride. Suddenly the driver's side main lock switch stopped working. It was off and on for maybe a day or two until it finally just stopped working. Over the course of the next three months it has progressed to the window switches working intermittently till finally, today, the interior lights came on and stayed on without any of the doors ajar and would not turn off unless the engine was off or the light switch was completely turned off. Now the entire driver's side switch panel is dead - cannot adjust the side windows and now the other door window switches are dead. You can hear it shorting somewhere when someone is trying to open or close one of the other windows. It's completely dead from the driver's side.

I'm trying to avoid a 100 dollar diagnostic charge and seeing if I can fix it by myself. Anyone else have this type of problem? Is it the fuses or just a short in the door that is beyond my capabilities (I'm not *that* handy with a car).

Thanks for the help.