Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo

bought this jeep a little while back its your basic square body cherokee. i just put new alpine 5.25" speakers in the door and replaced the old saggy headliner with new material, best adhesive to buy i think is the 3M supper 77 which you should be able to pick up at the local o'rieleys. i do have a question out there for other cherokee owners im looking to put on 3in rough country lift with the new rear leaf springs and i was wondering would i be able to throw the 2in rough country lift on later if i wanted to? in the 2in it comes with just the drop schakle mounts and i think pucks for the coils... could this be done to reach an overall lift of 5in or would it not work? how would it ride? has anybody tried it before?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:37 PM

here some pics, sorry its sideways couldn't get it to rotate
Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0l

Originally Posted by mbart
bought this jeep a little while back its your basic square body cherokee. i just put new alpine 5.25" speakers in the door and replaced the old saggy headliner with new material, best adhesive to buy i think is the 3M supper 77 which you should be able to pick up at the local o'rieleys. i do have a question out there for other cherokee owners im looking to put on 3in rough country lift with the new rear leaf springs and i was wondering would i be able to throw the 2in rough country lift on later if i wanted to? in the 2in it comes with just the drop schakle mounts and i think pucks for the coils... could this be done to reach an overall lift of 5in or would it not work? how would it ride? has anybody tried it before?
The lift could be done that way but when you go to the five inches of lift more things will be needed in addition to the pucks and shackles. It shouldn't ride and much different. I have a spacer on top of my four inch lift coil and it does fine.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:15 PM

update: haven't really done much to jeep yet. I guess when I first started this thread I forgot to give out all the info for it. so here it goes. was in need for a new vehicle since its not fun having a two wheel drive truck in an Illinois winter lol. I came across a 92 Cherokee Laredo with only 133k on the clock, which from what I hear is not even broken in yet. the actual first original owner wanted $2000 for it but I was able to talk him down to $1500. not bad a nice 4wheel drive jeep. the best thing about was it had ac! oh what a luxury it was.

haven't really done much to the jeep but recently my ds low beam headlight went out. gave me the perfect opportunity to get new headlights. in my old 96 ford I was running 6000k hids which were so much better than stock. so I decided I would do the same with the h4 conversion. its not letting me post pics but I will as soon as possibly.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:38 PM

just a couple updates:
put new headlights in h4 conversion with 6000k hid bulbs
built myself a roof rack out of 1/2 emt comduit
and you cant just have a roof rack without lights. so slapped a couple leds on there.
then decided to see how well the old stock girl could flex. pretty surprised at how well it did.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:47 PM

the roof rack
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-img_1155.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:49 PM

roof rack
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-img_1155.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:54 PM

headlights
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-img_0718.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:56 PM

getting a little flexy
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-img_1259.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:58 PM

led lights activsted... lol
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-img_1226.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 PM

i don't know why all my pictures are coming up rotated... can anybody help with that
Old 04-01-2016, 01:21 PM

a little up date; purchased a 4.5 lift kit just sitting in the garage, some 15x10 with 3.75 back spacing wheels with street bead lock. looking at what kind of tires im wanting to run. I heard about the cooper discoverer mtp in a 33/12.5/r15 that only discount tire offers, might be getting a set of those in the near future. replaced my oil pressure sending unit yesterday since my guage was playing ping pong between the screws lol, easy fix. I will upload some pictures just been so busy with classes and work haven't had much time to work on the jeep but the parts pile is adding up
Old 04-15-2016, 06:18 PM

Got the tires mounted on. They are 33x12.50r15 cooper discoverer mtp on procomp steal black d window wheels. 15x10 with 3.75 bs
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-image.jpeg  
Old 04-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Idk why the keep on turning sideways on me
Attached Thumbnails Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo-image.jpeg  
Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

Did some fender trimming in prep for the tires when the lift goes on. I will probably do cut and fold for the rear and just trim the front. Getting tint done next week going to do 20% all the way around in pretty sure. Got a power inverter from a house I moved into so I will be installing that soon. Also it's doorless weather so I'm going to do the removable door mod soon. Everything as in lift and tires should be on by the 2nd weekend in May gotta take it off of work so I can have a free weekend. Then I'm planning on grinding and bondo the rust spots on the drivers door and passengers weird door. Really weird because it's just smack center of the doors. Once I do that I will rhino line or monstaline from the body line down to cover the bondo up. It should look good by the time I'm done. I have a Colorado trip planned for the summer to hit some trails.

Quick Reply: Project Smoke 92 cherokee laredo