Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a 91 Jeep cherokee lerado and a jeep cherokee 89 poiner the same?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2
Default Is a 91 Jeep cherokee lerado and a jeep cherokee 89 poiner the same?

as the title says
because I want to put my 91 cherokees stuff into a cleaner jeep cherokee poinner
Old 08-13-2018, 11:44 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Originally Posted by clockwise
as the title says
because I want to put my 91 cherokees stuff into a cleaner jeep cherokee poinner
Most of it is the same. I have an 89 Jeep Cherokee basic and I took a 94 cherokee pioneer center console and it fit perfectly
Old 08-20-2018, 12:08 AM

Default Oem spare tire carrier for 89 Jeep Cherokee

Does anyone know where I can find one, buy or if some knows if there is someone remanufacturing these or carriers for the Cherokees. I really want to get a smittybuilt bumper that has a carrier and 2inch reciever built-in. But very expensive and heavy. O and it really looks cool.... Just can't afford it right now. If I can find the oem carrier, then I can get the tier out of the back of my Jeep ...I just hate though that I have to bolt that bracket to the side of the jeep. Only bad thing..... anyway. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Old 08-20-2018, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Luke Gray

Does anyone know where I can find one, buy or if some knows if there is someone remanufacturing these or carriers for the Cherokees. I really want to get a smittybuilt bumper that has a carrier and 2inch reciever built-in. But very expensive and heavy. O and it really looks cool.... Just can't afford it right now. If I can find the oem carrier, then I can get the tier out of the back of my Jeep ...I just hate though that I have to bolt that bracket to the side of the jeep. Only bad thing..... anyway. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Old 11-15-2018, 04:22 PM

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Luke Gray
Just pointing out you replied to a post from 2009. And on the spare tire carrier the OEM carrier is extremely rare and if I recall correctly not that strong either. Better bet would be to fab up your own out of sufficiently thick steel (for big tires, because you know.. they are heavy) or save up and buy the XRC carrier.