North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

New Jersey Pride Meet 'n Greet

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default New Jersey Pride Meet 'n Greet

It seems as though a lot of people in the NJ area are looking to get a meet 'n greet together. It will more than likely end up being in the pines judging by the current talk in this thread: https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f41/je...ur-ride-74458/
We still need a date!! Most would like a trip in the early spring so it looks like late March or early April.

First off would we like to try for a Saturday or a Sunday? Based on that we will go to the actual dates.

StationWagon suggested a local pub/restaurant that enjoys Jeep company so that sounds like a good place by me to end the day.

Also there was talk of trying to do a swap meet too for anyone that may be interested in that.

In order to get this running we need feed back and any ideas we can get to get this thing rolling!!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0

I like meeting some where not at the ranger station. There are a few places that come to mind for a meet. Carranza memorial would be one or one of the pits.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: Jasper 4.0L

Im just gunna throw some dates out there that i will be free just to see what yall think. ill have the work done on my girl by i hope March 27th which is a sunday and than there are two following weekends i have free April 1st-3rd and 8th-10th. let me know if this is good for anyone and we can make it happen
Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 PM

I am down for any of those weekends mentioned above. I really want to come trail through the Pines. I havent made it down there yet.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:28 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Renix

well I am down... I am not to sure I want to go off road yet... Have to save up for a few things 1st..
Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 (242) HO, Bored TB, SS Header, Magnaflow & Dynomax exhaust

I would be down for this, pending that I can get my head swapped out by april and I can get a spare tire.

I also wouldn't mind doing a meet and greet for the north half of the state on another date, but being that I just bought my Jeep and haven't lived up here long enough to know of any decent places to wheel I wouldn't know where to meet up, maybe somewhere in Sussex county.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Drumfreak77
I also wouldn't mind doing a meet and greet for the north half of the state on another date, but being that I just bought my Jeep and haven't lived up here long enough to know of any decent places to wheel I wouldn't know where to meet up, maybe somewhere in Sussex county.
Not to worry! I've got friends in the area with XJs and ZJs that know where to go.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM

I'd love to go trail riding with a couple of fellow jeepers. As long as its not like an hour away I'm down for almost whenever and where ever a stock cherokee can go.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:49 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by lolwtfomgbbq
I'd love to go trail riding with a couple of fellow jeepers. As long as its not like an hour away I'm down for almost whenever and where ever a stock cherokee can go.
Just look up how far Hammonton NJ is from you. That's where the pines are
Old 02-15-2011, 03:11 PM

I wanna do some stuff to the jeep before we meet up he is the list. what do u think is mot important?

-Steering stabilizer
-intake
-throttle body spacer
-hood vents and spacers
-override electric fan

lemme know what you would do. thanks guys
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 93XJRTSmith
I wanna do some stuff to the jeep before we meet up he is the list. what do u think is mot important?

-Steering stabilizer
-intake
-throttle body spacer
-hood vents and spacers
-override electric fan

lemme know what you would do. thanks guys
None of them are really that important. I'll actully be switching back to my stock air box for the trip just because I don't want water being sucked in by my cone filter. I would stay away from hood spacers if you're talking about putting blocks on the mounting arms to raise the hood. The reason being if involved in a front end collision that instantly becomes a guillotine of sorts. Not something I would like. Things like the vents and electric fan override seem to be the good choices mainly because keeping your 4.0 cool is a priority.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper
None of them are really that important. I'll actully be switching back to my stock air box for the trip just because I don't want water being sucked in by my cone filter. I would stay away from hood spacers if you're talking about putting blocks on the mounting arms to raise the hood. The reason being if involved in a front end collision that instantly becomes a guillotine of sorts. Not something I would like. Things like the vents and electric fan override seem to be the good choices mainly because keeping your 4.0 cool is a priority.
Perfect just what i was looking for i will work on getting that done and than the oil and stuff like that. thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 120000 miles

sounds cool i would like to do some light trail riding and attend the swap meet
Old 02-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Hammonton is about an hour away for me but I'd be down to hang out with fellow jeepers who dont mind a 17 year old hangin around. Theres not really anyone around here I can go riding with yet so this'll be perfect
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by lolwtfomgbbq
Hammonton is about an hour away for me but I'd be down to hang out with fellow jeepers who dont mind a 17 year old hangin around. Theres not really anyone around here I can go riding with yet so this'll be perfect
Won't matter much about age to me. We always need people who are interested to come along.

Quick Reply: New Jersey Pride Meet 'n Greet