Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

windshield wiper removal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wiper removal?

hi guys, i've just got my 1st 4x4 and chose a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 ltd - anyway i can't get water onto the windshield. i wanted to remove washer bottle under wing and give it a good clean out as the washer jets get blocked up -but that looks complicated so i thought i'd remove wipers, then grill under wipers, then pull pipe off windshield jets, and see if they are clogged up. can anyone tell me how to remove windshield wipers please. don't want to be too heavy handed and break them as parts here aren''t cheap at all. thanks, Les
Old 12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by itsecrit
hi guys, i've just got my 1st 4x4 and chose a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 ltd - anyway i can't get water onto the windshield. i wanted to remove washer bottle under wing and give it a good clean out as the washer jets get blocked up -but that looks complicated so i thought i'd remove wipers, then grill under wipers, then pull pipe off windshield jets, and see if they are clogged up. can anyone tell me how to remove windshield wipers please. don't want to be too heavy handed and break them as parts here aren''t cheap at all. thanks, Les
There's a clip that you have to pop out or push out (i can't remember) where the wiper arm connects to the motor. The shaft comign out of the motor is splined so you have to push or pry the wiper arm up after you clear the clip holding it on. Try looking under it and you'll see what i mean. Mine was corroded and i had a hard time popping it off.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, thanks for the help muddeprived, Les