Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

tire of oil in air filter some catch can how toos

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Liter H.O.
Default tire of oil in air filter some catch can how toos

I know if you replace the whole ccv system on your vehicle with dealer parts problem should go way, but I have seen on others where whole ccv was replaced and oil still got in air filter. Even though my problems were fixed I had a bunch of catch cans around so decided to through one it. I searched through some threads and found some useful stuff but a lot did not look practical or the safest, and sometimes replacing all the ccv stuff doesn't work, so instead of adding to them I wanted to post a new thread how to make a very effective safe fix for this problem in a new thread. In this my catch can is a bit bigger than a soda can, and they are very cheap, various mounting options, a gauge that shows how much oil is built up (even if you have it bad it will take a while for oil to even register on gauge) including catch can I probably have $60 or less into it, but one thing to note and you will see is I have an AEM brute force intake and anything with a heat shield makes it very easy to mount cans. Even if you have stock intake cans are small enough to mount on shock tower.

The pictures show everything you need, I realize some of it is hard to read so if you have any questions or anything just ask.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L

I put a catch can on my Magnum before getting the Jeep. Definitely a good investment, I wouldnt mind putting one on the Heep before too long.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

can you pm me the details on how you made it and such i have the same problem i have a homebrew intake and the oil drains down to the filter then leaks on the inner fender well
Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 Liter H.O.

And please don't take offense if I don't help but don't pm me asking to make catch can's out of coffee cans or fire extinguishers, catch cans are pretty cheap.