Originally Posted by DeadCellM60
Out of curiosity, what was the cause?
It was a lack of grounding. After searching and searching, I narrowed it down to the gauge cluster. So on Saturday, I pulled out the cluster and did some clean up. I removed all the gauges, cleaned all the bolt locations with to ensure a clean connection. Tightened them all back down and it started working again.
From all the posts I found online, it has to do with the plastic expanding and contrasting in the heat/cold. As the bolts do not shrink/expand as much as the plastic, it causes connection issues. The bolts holding down the speedometer were somewhat loose. So after a quick rub down of cleaner, tightened the bolts back down on the cluster and its good as new.
I actually removed all the gauges as it was a good time to clean them all as well!