Originally Posted by cptcliffhanger
I don't know, I guess I think it's funny now when people ignore your actual question in forums. seems to happens a lot.
here's an example of what i was looking for.. there's lots of good stuff on the internet, and I was hoping to stumble upon more of it..
Anyways, sorry for being short with Mr. Abovetimberline. I'm gonna press on with my Internet search for neat tips and ideas.
Sorry again for stirring the pot.
Here just to help and so you know there is nothing personal here.
Get a good trany jack,makes life much easier.
1. Disconect both driveshafts from the diffs.
2. Disconect all sensors and speedo from trany and xfercase and linkages
3. Drain fluids from both trany and xfercase,as to prevent spillage.
4. Disconect shifter from trany
5. Support trany with jack and remove cross member bolts.
6. Remove starter and hyd lines to slave cylinder.
7. Lower trany an xfercase down enough to get top bolts out.
8. Raise trany back up and remove remaining bellhousing bolts.
9. Patiently and slowly move trany back and down and out of the way
10. unbolt pressure plate and remove it a clutch.
11. remove flywheel and have it resurfaced at the machine shop,there is a good chance you will need an impact for the flywheel bolts.
12. Your exhaust will need to be removed also enough to get trany out.
13. You will find it easier if you seperate the xfer case from the trany,they are very heavy and awkward.
14 reverse the steps.
15 I am sure there is something I have missed,so I suggest you get as good manual to assist you.
16. This is how I go about it and there is other ideas and ways and problems along the way.