Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #1

View peanut1's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default rear washer pump 2000 cherokee sport

I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I love it.
My question is, where can I find the rear windshield washer motor pump. I don't think the pump is working because I don't hear anything when I push the button to wash the rear window. Also is the front filler cap the same one to fill when filling for the rear window? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Randy
peanut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
CF Veteran

View storm101's Photo Album My Photos
1999 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1 View Post
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I love it.
My question is, where can I find the rear windshield washer motor pump. I don't think the pump is working because I don't hear anything when I push the button to wash the rear window. Also is the front filler cap the same one to fill when filling for the rear window? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Randy
The tube fills for both pumps, the pumps are located in the washer container, which is tucked in the fender, accessible by removing the black wheel well section above the drivers front tire!

They have replacements at advance auto for like 15-20$

"Storm" the 99' xj- 63mm bored tb, thor4x4 cowl induction, 2.5" exhaust with flowmaster super 44 muffler, 3" mixed lift, HIDS, fitchbox switch panel, JCR stage 2 sliders, 31" treadwright guard dogs, cragar soft 8 rims, TJ flares, ironman4x4 motor mounts and lca's, iro double shear tbar, l&l fab bumpers, serious one ton steering, engo E9000, tranny cooler, rear disc brake conversion
storm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #3

View KHester's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee
Default Another Rear Washer problem

Thanks for the info on the rear washer , this may help. but I also have another problem with imine . The plastic or (metal ?) nipple where the rubber hose that carries the fluid to the wiper connects is broken, the wiper works. Do I have to replace the whole wiper assembly? Or is there some fix for this I was wondering how the hose hookup works, and if I could possibly drill a slightly bigger hole and put in a small connector to join the hoses ?

Thanks,
Kevin
KHester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
CF Veteran

View truckntractorhick's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to truckntractorhick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHester View Post
Thanks for the info on the rear washer , this may help. but I also have another problem with imine . The plastic or (metal ?) nipple where the rubber hose that carries the fluid to the wiper connects is broken, the wiper works. Do I have to replace the whole wiper assembly? Or is there some fix for this I was wondering how the hose hookup works, and if I could possibly drill a slightly bigger hole and put in a small connector to join the hoses ?

Thanks,
Kevin
X2 on this! anyone? i looked for write ups on it!
1998 Sport R.I.P. stupid old man who cant drive... (http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/98-...drainer-34916/)
1986 Wagoneer, my trail rig (http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/86-chop-topper-86442/)
truckntractorhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:15 PM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech