rear washer pump 2000 cherokee sport - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum


rear washer pump 2000 cherokee sport

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2

View peanut1's Photo Album My Photos
Default rear washer pump 2000 cherokee sport

I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I love it.
My question is, where can I find the rear windshield washer motor pump. I don't think the pump is working because I don't hear anything when I push the button to wash the rear window. Also is the front filler cap the same one to fill when filling for the rear window? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Randy
peanut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
CF Veteran
 
storm101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northfield MN
Posts: 1,241

View storm101's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1 View Post
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I love it.
My question is, where can I find the rear windshield washer motor pump. I don't think the pump is working because I don't hear anything when I push the button to wash the rear window. Also is the front filler cap the same one to fill when filling for the rear window? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Randy
The tube fills for both pumps, the pumps are located in the washer container, which is tucked in the fender, accessible by removing the black wheel well section above the drivers front tire!

They have replacements at advance auto for like 15-20$
storm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa= Quad Cities
Posts: 32

View KHester's Photo Album My Photos
Default Another Rear Washer problem

Thanks for the info on the rear washer , this may help. but I also have another problem with imine . The plastic or (metal ?) nipple where the rubber hose that carries the fluid to the wiper connects is broken, the wiper works. Do I have to replace the whole wiper assembly? Or is there some fix for this I was wondering how the hose hookup works, and if I could possibly drill a slightly bigger hole and put in a small connector to join the hoses ?

Thanks,
Kevin
KHester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
CF Veteran
 
truckntractorhick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 2,088

View truckntractorhick's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHester View Post
Thanks for the info on the rear washer , this may help. but I also have another problem with imine . The plastic or (metal ?) nipple where the rubber hose that carries the fluid to the wiper connects is broken, the wiper works. Do I have to replace the whole wiper assembly? Or is there some fix for this I was wondering how the hose hookup works, and if I could possibly drill a slightly bigger hole and put in a small connector to join the hoses ?

Thanks,
Kevin
X2 on this! anyone? i looked for write ups on it!
truckntractorhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1

View franco's Photo Album My Photos
Default washer pump fuse help

hello,

as a follow up to this thread, i have a cherokee sport 2000...rear wiper washer is working but the front is not. dead silent. before messing with the pump, i'd like to be sure it is not a fuse. but i cannot figure out what fuse controls the front windshield washer.

there is a fuse box under the hood and another on the passenger side under the dash.

can anyone help? thanks
franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Frontenac, ON Canada
Posts: 135

View Sails's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Replacing the pump is easy, did mine last winter.
Cheapest source for replacements was Rock Auto at that time.
Order two since the front one is in the same location and since you are doing one might as well do the other.
You just loosen the wheel liner and you can reach up and pull the pumps out , plug the new ones in and you should be good to go. They just pop in and out of the reservoir.
If there is fluid in the reservoir you will need a bucket to catch it.
I think it took me half an hour to do both of them
Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10

View DocHaley's Photo Album My Photos
Default fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco View Post
hello,

as a follow up to this thread, i have a cherokee sport 2000...rear wiper washer is working but the front is not. dead silent. before messing with the pump, i'd like to be sure it is not a fuse. but i cannot figure out what fuse controls the front windshield washer.

there is a fuse box under the hood and another on the passenger side under the dash.

can anyone help? thanks
Same fuse runs both I am told.
DocHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
Seasoned Member
 
carbuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 361

View carbuff's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I just did this last week on my 2000. Remove the ds wheel, remove the plastic fender liner, pull out the old pump, replace seal and pop new one in. It was pretty easy. The old one was quite rusty and crusty looking. The rear one looks that way too but it still works fine so I didnt replace it. I can now clean my windshield, yay!
carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #9
Newbie
 
JeepCherokeeJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 27

View JeepCherokeeJoe's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Had the same problem. Both front and rear washer pumps went. It's a pain though to get the wheel well cover off. Stupid plastic push rivets.
JeepCherokeeJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Frontenac, ON Canada
Posts: 135

View Sails's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1 View Post
My question is, where can I find the rear windshield washer motor pump.

In reading through the Fabrication section I found a picture that shows the pump locations extremely well;


http://s18.photobucket.com/user/holy...vwd2k.jpg.html


It is fro holycaveman's piece on dealing with approach angles but he has a photo of the fenders removed and showing the whole tank and the two pumps.
Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #11
Newbie
 
JeepCherokeeJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 27

View JeepCherokeeJoe's Photo Album My Photos
Default

The pumps (front and rear) are located on the drivers side wheel well. You need to take the plastic cover of the inside of the wheel well and pull it down or off. You will have to drain your washer fluid since the pump is on a sealed rubber o-ring inside the washer fluid tank. Do the reverse to re-install.
JeepCherokeeJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean, New Jersey
Posts: 578

View Kalali's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCherokeeJoe View Post
Had the same problem. Both front and rear washer pumps went. It's a pain though to get the wheel well cover off. Stupid plastic push rivets.

What's the best way to get those rivets out or should I be prepared ahead of time to replace them? Thanks. My rear pump is dead.
Kalali is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Cherokee Sport Buying Questions Darkside96 OEM Cherokee Technical. All factory issues and info go here! 16 12-21-2016 02:32 AM
Removing the heater control valve on a '96 XJ bradleyheathhays OEM Cherokee Technical. All factory issues and info go here! 6 10-03-2015 10:51 PM
First Jeep BigDaveyL Introductions 3 09-04-2015 03:14 PM
The Transfer Case SixShooterXJCherokee OEM Cherokee Technical. All factory issues and info go here! 9 08-30-2015 09:06 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.