Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor DirectoryvBLive
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #1

View zarrepo's Photo Album My Photos
96 Cherokee
Default parking lights and interior lights not working on my 96 cherokee

i went to work last night and turned on my head lights i smelled a slight burning smell and then i lost my marker, tail and interior lights but still have head lights. A few minutes later I lost my brake lights and blinker lights. I found a blown fuse under the hood for the brake and blinkers, i replaced that and i got my brake lights and blinkers but still no marker or interior lights. The brake lights and blinker lights were fine until i turned the head lights on then the fuse for it blew again. I replaced the head light switch and still wasnt the problem. Im totally lost here can someone help me out
zarrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #2

View STUK SUX's Photo Album My Photos
96 Cherokee

sounds to me like your headlight switch, expecially if you smelled a burning smell. but it could be a bulb backfeeding the system since it's blowing your brake fuse when the lights are on. mine was the switch in my 94. it burnt up pretty good 2. melted the plug and all.
STUK SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 PM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech