Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

View 95xjeepgator's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee
Default no tail lights,

ok so i have a 95 jeep cherokee, i got pulled over last night for no tail lights, got a nice ticket to add to the collection. Now i need to get it fixed before i get another shiny ticket lol. i have checked all fuses, bulbs, wires the whole sha-bang, only to find my tag light was burnt up. so i replaced it, but still no tail lights. i have hazards, blinkers, brakes, just no tail lights. so any advice would help. i changed the switch but didnt conect the black ground to the switch, does that matter or no???? i feel stupid for asking, but the guy at az said it didnt matter. lmao
95xjeepgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
"CF Moderator"

View TrekkerJmm's Photo Album My Photos
1994 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95xjeepgator View Post
ok so i have a 95 jeep cherokee, i got pulled over last night for no tail lights, got a nice ticket to add to the collection. Now i need to get it fixed before i get another shiny ticket lol. i have checked all fuses, bulbs, wires the whole sha-bang, only to find my tag light was burnt up. so i replaced it, but still no tail lights. i have hazards, blinkers, brakes, just no tail lights. so any advice would help. i changed the switch but didnt conect the black ground to the switch, does that matter or no???? i feel stupid for asking, but the guy at az said it didnt matter. lmao
Try the bulbs (I know it sounds dumb) first b/c there are two elements in each light and one may be bad. IE: brakes may light and blinkers may work but no driving lights. Second check your grounds in the back of the jeep. Do you have front driving lights? if not it may be the headlight switch...Tj
CF Rules Here
TrekkerJmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #3

View ITSAJEEPXJTHING's Photo Album My Photos
1996 Cherokee

I would make shure the switch is connected right. That includes black ground wire.

Custom rear bumper swing out spare tire build:http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/my-...re-tire-35585/
ITSAJEEPXJTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #4

Cherokee

thanks im gonna check those now, one of the bulbs were white an broke when i pulled it out. gonna check the switch now. i appriciate ur help
Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #5

Cherokee

Ok so I installed the switch corectly. Still no tail lights. The head lights work, but the parking lights aren't working either. Everything looks ok. Bulbs r new, just replaced them 2 mins ago. Please helpthis is my dd an I need her running by tomorrow!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #6

Cherokee

ok so its gotta be the switch, because everything works except the running lights, head lights do work tho.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #7

View redmuck's Photo Album My Photos
1991 Cherokee

does the fuse keep blowing? do you hav dash lights? my dash lights fuse keeps blowing and sometimes the fuse for the tail/parking lights blows too. i havnt checked real good, but i think it my be my fuse block is kinda messed up. dirty and corroded on the back side and maybe on the firewall too.
redmuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #8

Cherokee

I don't know which fuse it is. But they all check out ok, I did notice the clutch dripping on the fuse box, from where it goes into the firewall, all the fuses have fluid on them. How much is a new box?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #9

View jzbock's Photo Album My Photos
1996 Cherokee

what ended up being your issue? im seeign a similar case now in mine
jzbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM

submit to reddit