Making The Jeep Loud! - Jeep Cherokee Forum
Jeep Cherokee Forum


Making The Jeep Loud!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8

View Redneck_jeep95's Photo Album My Photos
Default Making The Jeep Loud!

I'm wanting to make my jeep louder. Should I get a cherry bomb or a glass pack or what?
Redneck_jeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
CF Veteran
 
Kyle 4x4 4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,838

View Kyle 4x4 4life's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I just put on a flowmaster 10 series muffler, loudest flowmaster muffler available. Has a nice deep clean tone and sounds bad *** when you hit the throttle But yet when your off the throttle like down the highway or just cruising you can hardly hear it so it wont annoy the hell out of you.
Kyle 4x4 4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
CF Veteran
 
odgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: some small town oregon
Posts: 15,568

View odgreen's Photo Album My Photos
Default

straight pipe after the cat all the way back is how i did it.
i love how loud it is.
odgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
CF Veteran
 
phillyxj570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: wilkes barre PA.
Posts: 1,200

View phillyxj570's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I have a cheery bomb glass pack on mine. Its loud but not the annoying loud. I am thinking about burning out the fiberglass to make it louder as soon as it gets warm out.
phillyxj570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
CF Veteran
 
cherokeeaddiction23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,092

View cherokeeaddiction23's Photo Album My Photos
Default

ive got a flowmaster super 40 with a highflow cat and 2.5 inch piping, at lower rpms its really throaty and deep and at anything over 3 grand it roars and sounds like a race car haha, i love it
cherokeeaddiction23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Member
 
mudslut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: hebron ct
Posts: 223

View mudslut1's Photo Album My Photos
Default

i have a bassani 3inch in and out. used an adapter from the cat and made a mandel bent 3inch tail pipe i had it just dump out in stock location. inside its not loud at all but outside it is. the gfs parents hate it. ive gotten tons of compliments on how it sounds. everyone thinks the motor is built it sounds like a jeep on steroids ill see if i can get a sound clip or vid of if.
mudslut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
CF Veteran
 
1996XJSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Bloomfield,MI
Posts: 1,992

View 1996XJSport's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeeaddiction23
ive got a flowmaster super 40 with a highflow cat and 2.5 inch piping, at lower rpms its really throaty and deep and at anything over 3 grand it roars and sounds like a race car haha, i love it
Got the same setup only I have a dual outlet 40 so it looks cool lol
I love the sound, its pretty loud too
1996XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
CF Veteran
 
cherokeeaddiction23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,092

View cherokeeaddiction23's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJSport View Post
Got the same setup only I have a dual outlet 40 so it looks cool lol
I love the sound, its pretty loud too
i cut my tailpipe short so you cant see it unless you look underneath the rear bumper, it comes out right where the bumper starts, i hate the stock tailpipes and how they come out really far lol, but yeah it sounds great
cherokeeaddiction23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
CF Veteran
 
Kyle 4x4 4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,838

View Kyle 4x4 4life's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
i cut my tailpipe short so you cant see it unless you look underneath the rear bumper, it comes out right where the bumper starts, i hate the stock tailpipes and how they come out really far lol
X2, did the same on mine.
Kyle 4x4 4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
mtadd162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: franklin, ma
Posts: 67

View mtadd162's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslut1 View Post
i have a bassani 3inch in and out. used an adapter from the cat and made a mandel bent 3inch tail pipe i had it just dump out in stock location. inside its not loud at all but outside it is. the gfs parents hate it. ive gotten tons of compliments on how it sounds. everyone thinks the motor is built it sounds like a jeep on steroids ill see if i can get a sound clip or vid of if.
+1 for a clip
mtadd162 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The TOOL thread roninofako Off-Topic Discussion 526 03-12-2017 10:26 PM
LiamLikeNeeson's '89 Jeep XJ Limited 4.0L LiamLikeNeeson Jeep Builds 12 12-26-2016 06:48 AM
Who are you? Bugout4x4 Off-Topic Discussion 57 03-12-2016 09:37 PM
Need New Rear Shocks + Rough Country Bar Pin Eliminators... investinwaffles Modified Cherokee Tech 3 08-25-2015 09:41 AM
Lets Play That "What's That Noise?" Game!! LiamLikeNeeson OEM Cherokee Technical. All factory issues and info go here! 4 08-19-2015 11:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.