Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

It's a sad day

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default It's a sad day

well for us it is. Just finished putting the tires on it and the kc lights. Rear ended my brother today while i was following him. Looked to my left for about 2 seconds. thats all it took. Luckily i have a good friend who runs a salvage yard and they have a red 97 cherokee sitting in his yard.

https://i.imgur.com/W7lrjBp.jpg
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

hey man, bummer about the jeep. sounds like everyone was ok? look like the jeep will be fine, too.. but.. this aint tech talk, not enless your lookin for advice or something. might wanna try the chat section.. but like i said, hope everyones ok!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by xSkidmark
Rear ended my brother today while i was following him.
Well your still able to type, I take it your brother is a really compassionate person?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Well your still able to type, I take it your brother is a really compassionate person?

haha yea he was cool about it. i pushed a 5500 pound chevy 5 feet into another chevy. we both have seatbelt burn. airbags surprisingly didn't go off. Not too sure what thats about? I heard someone say something about a recall on this year model cherokee.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by VTJeep
hey man, bummer about the jeep. sounds like everyone was ok? look like the jeep will be fine, too.. but.. this aint tech talk, not enless your lookin for advice or something. might wanna try the chat section.. but like i said, hope everyones ok!

Appreciate it! yea just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same situation and how they wen't about replacing everything. If it's in the wrong section, an admin can move it. this was just the first place i wen't to. i apologize
Old 08-01-2013, 11:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

yea just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same situation and how they wen't about replacing everything.
My previous '99, I got hit head-on by a drunk at highway speed when he swerved into my lane. The front end looked much, much worse than that.
I wasn't about to take that sort of project on, insurer totaled it, but I know it was sold with a salvage title and rebuilt. Someone took that project on. It can be done if that's what you want to do.
Glad you're all OK.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

Appreciate it! yea just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same situation and how they wen't about replacing everything. If it's in the wrong section, an admin can move it. this was just the first place i wen't to. i apologize
meh.. if it thread stays current they will.. theres def a few others on here with some stories.. atoms's went up in flames, clown rolled his, my89 hit a tree, hard, i believe. others have had multiple cars involved..
Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM

If you don't want to have a salvaged title or gave it pop on car fax I would not report it to your insurance company. That is an easy front clip and radiator swap