Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor DirectoryvBLive
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #1

View Arno CRD's Photo Album My Photos
2002 Cherokee
Angry Injector Stuck 2.5 Diesel

I need help please.

My Jeep had a starting problem just before i wanted to go on holiday.

I took it to my local Jeep mechanic who did a quick inspection and found that diesel is pumping from the number one injector and flowing via the top to the ground.

He suggested that he remove the injector and replace the o-ring seal. I receive a call 8 hours later that the injector is STUCK and if he cannot get it lose he has to break all the injectors to remove the top.

Currently he has some other fluid on the head to try and get the injectors to move.

Please guys can this be the only solution for this problem?

Thanks

Arno
Arno CRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
CF Veteran

View F1Addict's Photo Album My Photos
1989 Cherokee

He doesn't have to "break" anything to get it free. I wonder if he meant that he needed to break the fuel rail free from the other injectors which, at least on a gasoline engine, is a fairly simple task. That said...

I'm not at all familiar with the KJ (called the Liberty here in the U.S.), especially the diesel version and I suspect most of the folks here will be equally unfamiliar because the diesel engine wasn't available in North America so very few of us have seen it.

You would probably get a better response posting your question on a Jeep KJ forum but look for one that's based in Europe or Australia (or even South Africa).

Road Trip I

Road Trip II
F1Addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #3

View jay01's Photo Album My Photos
Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno CRD View Post
I need help please.

My Jeep had a starting problem just before i wanted to go on holiday.

I took it to my local Jeep mechanic who did a quick inspection and found that diesel is pumping from the number one injector and flowing via the top to the ground.

He suggested that he remove the injector and replace the o-ring seal. I receive a call 8 hours later that the injector is STUCK and if he cannot get it lose he has to break all the injectors to remove the top.

Currently he has some other fluid on the head to try and get the injectors to move.

Please guys can this be the only solution for this problem?

Thanks

Arno
hi arno same problem with my cherokee.solution pour coca cola on to stuck injector and wiggle keep pouring a bit of coke and wiggling injector[i used about a liter] and took two hours to loosen injector.got this advise from a bosch technician.didnt believe this but desperation calls to try anything and this works
jay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech