Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #1

View Thick650's Photo Album My Photos
2000 Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to Thick650
Exclamation HELP! Power Distribution Center Diagram

Having some electrical problems on my 2000 XJ Sport. The rear defrosters don't work, even tho the light on the button is lit. Also, the hazard flashers don't work at all, and at times the turn signals go out. I've seen numerous threads that point to 3 different locations. One is the junction box(fusebox) under the kickplate on the passenger side. Another is under the steering column, and the third is the power distribution center under the hood. I'm great with suspension and other mechanical areas, but electrical frustrates the hell out of me.

Anyone know what I need to specifically replace? The little 10a fuses are all fine, so I'm thinking its a relay somewhere. I've heard talk of a multifunction switch, "relays" "flashers" etc. Seems nobody uses common nomenclature. I have diagrams for what is what on the junction box, but can't identify which are the right ones under the steering column and in the PDC. Haynes manual is useless since it covers too many models and doesn't name specifics. Any help would be great since I'm in Wisconsin, its -15 this week, and this is my DD. Pictures are always a plus. Thanks in advance!
Thick650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 AM

submit to reddit

Tags
diagrams, electrical, pdc, power distribution center
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech