Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

currently swapping from renix to h.o. motor couple issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default currently swapping from renix to h.o. motor couple issues

i have a 90 cherokee swapping in a 94 h.o. motor. trying to keep the h.o. intake and exhaust on it. my only issues seem to be the exhaust manifold exits differently what are some options here? i was thinking about just grabbing some pipe from parts store and welding it together. my other issue is the fuel rail it does have the supply and return on the 94 rail but both are on the front of the block. they left some of the tube for the fuel lines when removing the motor. they actually cut it right below the intake manifold and its metal lines so i was thinking cut my rubber lines slide them onto the metal and clamp them. im pretty sure i seen pics of someone else doing this. thoughts tips anything useful would be great. thanks.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992

use your fuel rail of org motor, it should bolt right up. Exhaust...hack it and get pipe and clamps.. ?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

when the previous owner put a 95 in my 90, they had to swap out the intake and exhaust manifolds. head too, i believe.

you're not gonna get the higher output in your renix tho. you're just gonna get a newer motor. you'll need to convert your computer and harness, etc over, and i've never heard of anyone accomplishing that yet.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:52 AM

im not really worried about getting the h.o. HP, its mainly the simple fact id like to keep the h.o. intake, throttle body, and exhaust, just because they are designed better then the renix equipped motor. not much better, but enough to make me wanna make it work. the fuel rail doesnt line up the bolt holes are different. for the exhaust would it be possible just to get the down pipe off of a 91-95 motor? has anyone ever dyno'd a renix jeep with the h.o. motor? i read that the renix system takes better to mods. how do we know the h.o. equipped motor doesn't surpass the h.o. ratings when connected to a renix jeep? just a thought.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 PM

i need to swap over my coolant sensor from the renix motor to the h.o. motor theres a plug on the h.o. motor thats square like a socket wrench would go into it. its smaller then a 3/8ths and bigger then 1/4".what do i use to remove this plug? also i seen that hesco makes a adapter for the renix tps to h.o. throttle body its $150. i made mine for $3 will have pictures tomorrow if any ones interested.