Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Cherokee Forum!
Welcome to Cherokee Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

submit to reddit

Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #1

View midwestmonster's Photo Album My Photos
1997 Cherokee
Question 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Fuse Diagram

Hello,

I just recently purchased a 1997 Cherokee Country from my cousin and new to this forum of jeep lovers. Anyways I was replacing the stock radio and speakers, and bumped a light in the back top that caused the radio / interior lights to stop working. Obviously I know its a fuse because the headunit would turn on before. Also, my instrument panels keep going out, speedometer, gauges.. etc. I know that fuse is located under the hood in the Power Distribution fusebox, although I do not know which one, I jiggle it from time to time to get the instrument panels working.

What I need is a diagram for the fusebox. Both the inside one (located by the passenger door) and the one for the Power Distribution (under the hood) if anyone would like to lend me a hand I would appreciate it. My jeep did not come with the manual.

Thank you for your time!
midwestmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #2

View midwestmonster's Photo Album My Photos
1997 Cherokee

I was browsing and may have found a fuse diagram (may not be for 1997 but should be the same)

I would like a more legit copy though so Im not double guessing. Im going through all the fuses tomorrow to see if there all ok.
midwestmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
CF Veteran

View freegdr's Photo Album My Photos
1989 xj sport 2dr Cherokee

http://http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Ar...fication.htmgo into down loads and links maybe this will help
freegdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
Seasoned Member

View 1armyguy's Photo Album My Photos
1998 Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegdr View Post
http://http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Ar...fication.htmgo into down loads and links maybe this will help
Link isn't working.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Seasoned Member

View ET JEEP's Photo Album My Photos
1997 Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmonster View Post
Hello,

I just recently purchased a 1997 Cherokee Country from my cousin and new to this forum of jeep lovers. Anyways I was replacing the stock radio and speakers, and bumped a light in the back top that caused the radio / interior lights to stop working. Obviously I know its a fuse because the headunit would turn on before. Also, my instrument panels keep going out, speedometer, gauges.. etc. I know that fuse is located under the hood in the Power Distribution fusebox, although I do not know which one, I jiggle it from time to time to get the instrument panels working.

What I need is a diagram for the fusebox. Both the inside one (located by the passenger door) and the one for the Power Distribution (under the hood) if anyone would like to lend me a hand I would appreciate it. My jeep did not come with the manual.

Thank you for your time!

Sounds like the problem is the ignition off draw, IOD, fuse. It allows power to certain items when the ignition is off. Power for interior light so they turn on when you open the door, radio memory, etc. I will check to see if I can find the location. Some are marked with a plastic tab on the fuse. Not sure if Jeep is this way. If I find it I will post it.

This is a gallery of pictures of IOD. There are some Jeep pictures there. It may help.

Most of these fuses have access pins in the head to test with a meter. You might try that.

IOD
ET JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
CF Veteran

View ol"blue's Photo Album My Photos
2004 Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmonster View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your time!
Here you go. >Jeep Cherokee Electrical - 1997 - 2001 XJ Fuse & Relay Identification - Reference guide to the fuses, ratings (Amps), relays and circuit information.
And Welcome to CF.

"...Never Use Post Count as A Knowledge Gauge." Willys55

CBW Member#97

If no answer, ask here>
www.CHEROKEETECH.com

RIP Carroll Shelby
http://www.carrollshelbyfoundation.org/
http://carrollshelbyfoundation.com/

If you're not breaking parts you're not making enough power!!!
"I NEED MORE TRACTION, NOT MORE BOOST"

ol"blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 AM

submit to reddit
Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > OEM Cherokee Tech