Announcements Title says it all for this one.

My farewell

Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default My farewell

Well everybody the site has been sold and is under new ownership. I will no longer be an admin around here, we had some good and bad times but as long as I have been here the site has shown nothing but excellent results and it is all because of you guys. I guess theres not a whole lot more to say other then im going to miss being around here as you all know a large portion of this last year has been 100% dedicated to this site and to you all. I hope these new guys will treat you how you guys have grown accustomed to being treated. Im still in shock as this all happened today. I will check in as a guest from time to time but will no longer be signing into my account. I wish you all the best.

-Kyle

Last edited by Kyle; 08-25-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to step down from my role as a moderator. I am somewhat disappointed with this decision and don't feel that I can work well with CF anymore. Kyle has done a tremendous amount of work on this site, and I don't feel it is fair to him to continue working here.

I love CF, and appreciate each and every one of our members. Thanks to all of you, you guys are great. This is not easy for Kyle, as he has poured countless hours of work into this website.

Thanks,
Amy
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM

Hey Guys,

It's true that Don did sell the site to me today. I had no idea the sale was going to cause problems with anyone. I don't really plan on changing anything on this site and hope to help it grow. Not sure I'm really being given a chance yet but I understand if you guys don't want to work with me. Just wish I had a chance to show you who I am.

Thanks for your effort to make the site into what it is. You guys will be missed and I would have liked to have known you.

Thanks for everything.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

HUH?...

Is this website corporate owned now?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:58 PM
CF Veteran

Well, I wish things could have worked out better as well. I just know that every decision that Kyle has made, including this one, has been for what he feels is best for CF. Everything he has done has been to provide knowledge to Jeep owners, and to create a friendly environment for the CF community. I am proud of him for what he has accomplished on here, and wish CF the best.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
HUH?...

Is this website corporate owned now?
Just changed ownership to two guys "Nathan" and "Jon" (Not jonb8). Best of luck to you guys.

Thanks again for all of the good times
Old 08-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

I for one will miss both Kyle and Miss Amy. They have been a big part of this site and Kyle has been a great admin. Whatever this site becomes that is positive will be due to the effort and guidance that Kyle and Don put into it.
Kyle and Amy you will be sorely missed and you need not be strangers here. Kyle you have been a great contributor and a solid friend. You have helped countless Jeepers with your knowledge and insight, which is the thing about CF that has set it apart from the other sites. I hope that will be unchanged.
Blue
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Year: 2001
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

x2 what blue said...I've enjoyed the conversation with you and Miss Amy, and hope to see you around...if not here, maybe somewhere else...

Later.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee

blue things are being left in very good hands, and I will echo your sentiment, I wish that kyle and amy could have stayed on and given nathan a chance, I have known these guys a long time and am comfortable with it being ran by them, and to answer the question no not corporate owned, They run forums as a business just as I did... I just can no longer do it due to personal reasons. I will still be around for a bit to see things through the change..

Talk to you later guys.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

All I got is WOW! Not expected...
Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

I got nothin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bye Kyle and Amy
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 2.5L I-4

WTF?

Well, I guess "Welcome Nathan and Jon" is in order.

As for Kyle and Miss Amy, I really wish you'd stick around. Even though your roles on the site have changed, there's no need to leave the CF community. Your presence is still a valuable asset to this forum, and your departure would surely be a sad thing indeed. Whatever set the decision wheels in motion, I hope you have a change of heart and decide to stay with us. If not, good tidings and it was nice while it lasted. You will be missed.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0ltr

Wow that's a surprise, just starting to get to know you guys. Sorry to see you go!!! Best of Luck
Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

x2 what blue said for sure.. It should be interesting to see how things play out and I hope the forum continues as it has been cause I sure do love this community. As a person who has ran forums for a number of years I can definitely understand Don's point it can be tiresome at times and a lot of hard work. You did a great job with the site.

Kyle and Amy you two will be missed. I didn't really get to know Amy well but still can tell she was an asset to the community. Kyle you're a good guy, lots of knowledge and I respect everything you have done and you will be missed for sure. I hope once things settle you two decide to at least stick around as members of the community. I for one sure would like to see you two stick around.

Anyways good luck to the guys who are now running it and hopefully we can keep this community feel and not end up like many of the larger forums.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Short Bus Motorsports

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Sorry all this went down, but I'm here and want to see how it goes. Welcome to the new owners Nathan and Jon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My farewell