Announcements Title says it all for this one.

Announcement of a change of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee
Default Announcement of a change of ownership

Good evening guys, I wanted to post some news for you.
I have recenly sold CF to Jon and Nathan, they are great with forums and are a really good fit for this community they will introduce themselves shortly. I will still be around for a while but I just do not have the time for the forum anymore as I have some stuff going on in my personal life that I would rather not divulge. I hope you will all support them and let them use their resources to help grow CF and dedicate more time to the things you guys ask for.
In light of this recent news kyle has decided to part ways with the CF team. There will be no interuption to the site and things will keep moving along. Again I ask that you guys support Jon and Nathan as they wil take great care of your community.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I've known Deverhart for about a year now and we have spoken many times about our sites. Well, yesterday Don told me that he was burnt out of running a forum like this and that he wanted to know if I would be interested in taking it over. I've been following this site for a while now and it's been great to watch it's growth. I was of course interested.

So, who am I?
My name is Nathan and I've been running forums for about 5 years now. More recently I teamed up with my good friend Jon and we started www.F150Forum.com almost two years ago. The site has grown quickly and I think you'll find if you go over there that members are very happy.
Jon and I will be taking over for Deverhart although Deverhart will be sticking around and helping us out during the transition and hopefully will stick around after that as well.

So, what's going to change?
For the most part nothing! We aren't here to change this site but hopefully we will be able to bring some new things to the table. For example we want to move this site to a faster server and start advertising it so it grows even faster. Beyond that it's going to be business as usual for the most part.

I know change is tough and I wish Deverhart could just continue but frankly he's fried and I totally understand that. I think you'll find that Jon and I will do our best to make this the best site possible and continue on with the great start that is CherokeeForum.com

Have ideas or questions?
If you have any ideas for what you would like to see on the site or have questions about the sale or about who we are feel free to post them here. We will try our best to be as open and honest as possible.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jon and I run F150Forum.com with Nathan. I've been involved in that site for about 2 years and have enjoyed it very much.

We are excited to continue the growth of a great community of Cherokee enthusiasts here at CherokeeForum.com. We work hard to create an environment that members thoroughly enjoy and they find very informative and friendly.

Please let us know your thoughts and suggestions. I know change can be hard but we hope this transition is smooth and successful.

I look forward to seeing you guys around!

Jon
Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

I am curious as to what direction you guys are wanting to take the forum. I realize you two run forums as a forum of income and to me that actually is worrisome. My main concern is losing the community feel and the site becoming so large that it's no longer has that homey personal feel to it. One of the main reasons I came here and stayed was the friendly atmosphere and the fact that no question is a stupid question even if it's asked more then one time. So maybe you two could shed a little light on the direction and intentions you have for the site and what you plan to do in order to maintain the friendly community feel that this site has had at least since I have been around.

Anyways welcome aboard and I wish you both great luck. As a person who has ran forums/sites for a several years I know it can be tough and often thankless. I may not personally like the fact that suddenly without notice things are turned upside down both from a personal and business standpoint, but I am here for the ride so let's have fun.. Just please do not change the over all dynamics of the site/community.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
I am curious as to what direction you guys are wanting to take the forum. I realize you two run forums as a forum of income and to me that actually is worrisome. My main concern is losing the community feel and the site becoming so large that it's no longer has that homey personal feel to it. One of the main reasons I came here and stayed was the friendly atmosphere and the fact that no question is a stupid question even if it's asked more then one time. So maybe you two could shed a little light on the direction and intentions you have for the site and what you plan to do in order to maintain the friendly community feel that this site has had at least since I have been around.

Anyways welcome aboard and I wish you both great luck. As a person who has ran forums/sites for a several years I know it can be tough and often thankless. I may not personally like the fact that suddenly without notice things are turned upside down both from a personal and business standpoint, but I am here for the ride so let's have fun.. Just please do not change the over all dynamics of the site/community.
X1000 I love the community feel of it and how close we are and comfortable with each other, I hope this site does not become like others,, that was what separated this site from others...
Old 08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Short Bus Motorsports

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

I just don't want to seeit gready like Jeep Forum or NAXJA. I'm willing to stick it out. Welcome Jon and Nathan. Sorry to see others go.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjjeepthing
I just don't want to seeit gready like Jeep Forum or NAXJA. I'm willing to stick it out. Welcome Jon and Nathan. Sorry to see others go.
thats what I wanted to say with out mentionim any names..
Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0ltr

I'm pretty new but I like the great atmosphere this sight has, and I still intend to become a contributing member!

I kind of hang out in tech. more than anywhere else and truefully this sight doesn't have nearly as much as other sites... yet. But it also so far doesn't have any attitude to those who ask for help, and I'm looking forward to it growing, if it is possible to keep that same kind of atmosphere.

So in the spirit of this forum, BIG WELCOME to the new owners, looking forward to you impressing us!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Well said 87xjco. I agree that some of the bigger boards have more tech (currently), but it seems it comes with a price at times... in the form of attitudes and flames.

I liked the "treat others as you would want to be treated" demeanor here and joined. I hope it continues in this manner.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys. Nathan and I have no desire to change the feel of the site. In fact, one of the reasons we really liked this site is for the very reasons you have mentioned -- the community feel and the fact that people treat others as they would like to be treated. We don't want the attitude here either, because that's just not a great forum site in our opinion. I think Nathan and I both realize that what creates a great forum is great members.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

First and foremost, they can't change the "feel" of this sight, because those of us that are still here are not going to put up with the kind of crap that goes on, on the aforementioned forums!! Quite frankly, we have the control of that, and I know that if someone comes on here and starts trying to make this anything less than a homey place to spend "cybertime", we will run them off very quickly!! I would like the mechanics of the forum to stay the same, as in the way it operates and looks, that is part of why I like it. As for growth, that can be a bad thing, look at the other HUGE forums, you can't find your a$$ with both hands on those things. Then if you ask a question you get set on fire faster than a doobie at a Pink Floyd concert!! If this site turns into that.....I'M OUT!! If it stays the same, then I'm staying, it's that simple!! FWIW, welcome to our new administration members and farewell to KD and Deverhart, your work here was, and will, be appreciated. Thanks for laying the ground work on a badazz forum, much love guys, and best of luck!! Now to the new guys: How much knowledge, and or, experience do you two have with the XJ?? Will you be able to offer technical assistance?? This means a lot to some members!! If admin knows nothing out a forums topic, is this the best thing?? BTW, I mean no offense in any way by this, just curious!! Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
First and foremost, they can't change the "feel" of this sight, because those of us that are still here are not going to put up with the kind of crap that goes on, on the aforementioned forums!! Quite frankly, we have the control of that, and I know that if someone comes on here and starts trying to make this anything less than a homey place to spend "cybertime", we will run them off very quickly!! I would like the mechanics of the forum to stay the same, as in the way it operates and looks, that is part of why I like it. As for growth, that can be a bad thing, look at the other HUGE forums, you can't find your a$$ with both hands on those things. Then if you ask a question you get set on fire faster than a doobie at a Pink Floyd concert!! If this site turns into that.....I'M OUT!! If it stays the same, then I'm staying, it's that simple!! FWIW, welcome to our new administration members and farewell to KD and Deverhart, your work here was, and will, be appreciated. Thanks for laying the ground work on a badazz forum, much love guys, and best of luck!! Now to the new guys: How much knowledge, and or, experience do you two have with the XJ?? Will you be able to offer technical assistance?? This means a lot to some members!! If admin knows nothing out a forums topic, is this the best thing?? BTW, I mean no offense in any way by this, just curious!! Thanks!!
He's right, all the mods and admin had to do was keep it clean until we built a great group of loyal members than it's easy. New members see how the old timers act then they follow there lead and stay if they like, go if they don't. flamers are cowards that won't take on a board full of adults, they like to gang up with other flamers in a group and throw there 12yr old schoolyard bully mentalities at everyone that asks a question. I am here for that same reason, and you all know I don't believe in a dumb question, you never know if you don't ask.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Welcome new guys! I'm interested in what the future holds. I like this place for the same reason as the others have stated, so I guess I'll have to wait and see where we go from here...

Later.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Seasoned Member

hopefully things are going to keep the same way....anyway...im still waiting for stickers am i going to get them..or whats the deal now?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by elnino
hopefully things are going to keep the same way....anyway...im still waiting for stickers am i going to get them..or whats the deal now?
Kyle is sending me the remaining stickers and then we will make sure everyone who is suppose to get one gets one. Hopefully I'll have them by next week.

I'm also planning to get more printed and to give some away.

Quick Reply: Announcement of a change of ownership